Author Topic: Cawfee,Tea,(SweeTea) and summertime grub fer JULY  (Read 145187 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 424
Re: Cawfee,Tea,(SweeTea) and summertime grub fer JULY
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2014, 04:59:27 PM »
Sorry to hear that mestiza letty  :(  however when a door closes a window opens.
you'll land on both feet.... I hadn't heard of Zulilly , course in things along that line, I live under a rock.

Amazon opened a Tampa warehouse and so we are "sales taxed"  now.... no real incentive to buy on-line from them now....
I've bought high ticket saws & tools  etc. for the shop , Tax can be 7%
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2014, 09:03:28 PM »
Had a real gully washer here today, must have got close to 2 inches an hour,supposed to get more over the next couple of days.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2014, 01:45:35 AM »
Wow!  Mez Letty sorry to hear that. You'd been there some time now too.  I wish you luck with Zu-

Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 11:09:23 PM »

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2014, 02:09:44 AM »
Shoulder woke me up.... I have a fitted brace coming , but won't see it till Monday  :-\
Dang thing is SORE !  Icing helps ...

Never got squat , of the amount of rain Albert was suppose to lay on us.... I could see the outer bands off to the East over Brevard Co. & Melbourne Cocoa  way yesterday morning on my way in to the work 20.
I think they got it , but we had some afternoon showers, but that's normal this time of year.

I suspect Arcey will get the wet stuff out Hampton Roads way... I hope no damage or outages.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2014, 04:44:39 AM »
Coffee and tea up here

Been dry for nearly a week here. You couldn't tell by the grass.  Started on mowing yesterday had a flat finally got. It fixed. Mowed till around 5pm. Still got a couple 3 hours more to go. Hopefully finish today
Mathew 5.9

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2014, 05:59:51 AM »
Thanks for the coffee,lR ;)

67,humid with what looks like some rain heading this way. Supposed  to mow the front areas today, might get'em done, depends on the rain amount. ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2014, 06:13:39 AM »
Mornin’.

NWS’s prediction looks more like the t-boomer’s we had last week than a hurricane. Most of it o’ernight ‘n inta tomorrow. Ain’t good but could be werse. Thanks for the thought, M2.

So far the bad part’s been the village idiot playin’ ‘How High’s The Water, Momma.’ Ain't a fan of the man's music. Firewerks it the lake’s been rescheduled.

Hope things werk out ta the best for ya real soon, Miz Letty.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 110
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2014, 07:31:28 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 52 and sunny. No rain overnight but heavy dew. High of 75.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2014, 07:37:35 AM »
I'm here, long commute Miz Letty but I bet if it wasn't you could be my apprentice, pretty sure I could make it happen.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2014, 09:01:17 AM »
Mornin, all! Near record low temp for the day here, 55 when I got up here. Hot water available, made a jar of tea for the day already(Sorry, not sweetea). Breakfast featured first tomato from the garden this year. Goin to the cow sale later, try to add a couple to the "herd", currently only a herd of 3....

Wishing you best of luck at Zulilly, Miz Letty! Was thinking about you a couple weeks ago when I herd they were offering cash to quit at Amazon, guess not enough took it.

Offline mestiza letty

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2014, 09:14:42 AM »
Mornin' gang,

Thanks for the cawfee 'Roo.

Yep Del, that would be one longgg commute !     Follow I-80 all the way, actually I'd LOVE that ! Thanks for the offer !

'Nother door or window should open here shortly, called that gal & left a message 'ta say I was in her system. I never minded the

walkin' part just the unrealistic #'s part they expected. Was in packing orders before Feb. & they wouldn't let me transfer back. Nearly

2 yrs. workin' for that outfit.... PE they do offer a cash payout to quit but it's only once a yr. & it passed in mid Feb. Thanks all the encouragement

Hot an' dry in the NW desert, 96 for a high, calm & 67 right now
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2014, 12:53:14 PM »
Mornin', y'all, the cawfee is tasty this AM, thankee.

Sorry you got the sack, Miz Letty, the bean counters don't have much give when it comes to their numbers; problem is, that's all the seem to see.  I had many run ins with them over the years, usually wound up coming to a draw, fortunately.  I am sure there is something more you are supposed to be doing; like Major2 said: close one door, open another.

No rain here!!  101 already this morning, clear, dry, and windy.  Big black thunderheads piled up around the edges of the valley yesterday afternoon and evening, but never got over the valley, and no lightning visible in them after dark.

I have to go for a CT this afternoon, big as I am, that's a caution - better than an MRI, though.  Got a new-to-me Primary Care Physician, and he is trying to sort me out.  My "old guy" we had been with for ten years quit; said new laws and regs just were not worth the hassle for any of us, and he did not want to put that onus on his patients or himself.  Can't blame him, I suppose, but we still have to put up with the BS.

Y'all have a good Fourth.

Later.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2014, 01:36:45 PM »
Took the fat lady out fer dogs. Rode the produce stands it Pungo afterwerds. Dash thingy read 94°. Disembodied voice in the station wagon said 55% humidity – think he’s fulla horse squeeze. Storm predictions ain’t got no werse. Sunny ‘n still out it the moment.

Hit the museum. Ole Piper lookin’ high wing thing taxin’ along. Had the windows out it, no A/C. Watched it putter inta the air. Spy a golf cart w/ a couple dudes on it draggin’ a banner. They set up the posts ‘n strung a line.

The ole plane lines up ‘n comes by us ‘bout a foot off the ground. Draggin’ a grapplin’ hook on mebbe fifty feet a cable. The ole boy snagged the banner then pulled the stick back ‘n slammed the throttle ta the dashboard, turned the ole gal’s nose ta the sky..She was doin’ some strainin’ but she got gone tawards the ocean front puttin’ more air twix ‘er ‘n the ground little by little.

Hope the boy’s makin’ good money. Miserable hot out ta be flyin’ an old airplane like that’n.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2014, 02:35:56 PM »
use ta watch the banner draggers snatch up banners at Interama ( failed Inter-American International Exposition Center property)
they'd drag them over Miami Beach about 40 some years ago.

I was riding trails on my Kawasaki , and saw the sign snatch the plane down....
Pilot had scooped in snagged the tow line and the banner began to roll upward as normal, but I think the pilot erred and he didn't get full power, slapped him down on 3 points, wheels & tail from no higher than 50 feet  ... prop & motor still running.  Pilot shut her down and walked away.
Speed and landing were so light, after FAA inspection they flew that old bird out  :o

Pilot & ground crew had to file a report  & I had to record a witness interview with FAA. 

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2014, 07:54:05 PM »
They’re a fixture at the ocean front. At the dearly departed Pungo range, still miss that place – bad – they were frequent fly-by visitors on their way to the sand ‘n surf. Them ‘n crop dusters usin’ what’s now the museum’s grass runway.

Never saw one hook a banner ‘fore. Pure luck today. Interestin’.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2014, 12:22:24 AM »
Only banners draggers I see is on fall Sat and they say GO BIG RED, never figured out where they were to go, got some ideas myself that would be good.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2014, 02:21:03 AM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY USA

Coffee and iced beverages are ready- have a safe weekend....

Safety tip from ole Uncle 7 fingers..... Light fuse and throw the firecrackers....
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2014, 06:18:28 AM »
Happy B'Day, indeed.

Ole Ben prolly envisioned a walking turd tryin’ ta destroy it.

Ennyways………

Mornin’.

So far we’re good. Twenties sustained with gusts inta the thirties. More like a summer t-storm without the thunder ‘n lightnin’. Still got power. If any branches hit the roof I slept thru the noise. What’s goin’ on now should be the werst of it for the lower right hand corner.

Ain’t thinkin’ the folks’ll be pullin’ banners with an airplane fer the next few hours.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2014, 06:52:29 AM »
Indeed , and Whew ! to you Arcey ...glad it skirted you....

On the subject Banners....

FUNNEST one I ever saw was one towed over the private farm Filming location while filming "Gettysburg" in 1991.
Production had hired a California based Transportation Company to provide all the drivers for location vehicles ( Camera truck , Grip Truck , Cast transport, make-up,  honey-wagon etc.

We were filming this one day, Confederates forming up for Pickett's Charge..... it seems on the particular day the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) had decided to hire a banner plane to tow a UNION YES ! banner. The plane was holding filming up with not only the motor sound but the sight lines ...
As stated the Teamsters Local Union were not in the bargaining, and Teamsters were mostly from Calif. though a few were local hires from Baltimore MD.

WELL... it seems the CONFEDERATES were not amused by the UNION YES ! .... and the entire unit of them about 150 or so
about the 3rd pass over....
on cue laid down and with their bodies arranged  "spelled out"  COITUS YOU  except they did not use the word COITUS.

Special effects popped an aerial burst... which I think also got the pilots attention.... and he beat a hasty retreat , he never returned...

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2014, 07:54:14 AM »
Gotta keep them union bosses in the life ta which they have become accustomed…………

Shame they didn’t have BOFORS back then.

Seems ta be settled out o’er this way. 0800 data from the air station shows winds 29 w/ gusts ta 39. Ain’t seein’ it myownself. Only water comin’ down’s gettin’ blown out the trees. The thing's offshore 'bout a hundred miles due east of us.

Opened the garage door ‘n ‘bout a dozen Jays, soakin’ soppin’ wet, showed up for breakfast.  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com