Author Topic: February ...O Dark Thirty Coffee is up  (Read 102293 times)

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: February ...O Dark Thirty Coffee is up
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2014, 09:02:52 AM »
Mornin, thanks for the coffee. Getting ready to go to the Doc, nothing serious. Still tied up with stuff for my Mom. Hopefully will finish up this week with her lawyer needs then I have to get her tax stuff together. Hope everybody is doing fine.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2014, 10:18:44 AM »
Victoria and I slept in this morning. Thanks for the Cawffee. The weather cleared off and the roads dried up, so Moose drove to school, the Cadillac has all-wheel drive and traction control. I am just finishing my first cup and I think it will be a two -pot morning.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2014, 10:59:17 AM »
well, the weather liars were wrong again,They said last night that we would get "Just a dusting to 1 inch of s**w" and we have about 3 inches so far and still coming down hard,I'd bet that if every time they were wrong we all got 1 swing with a hickory axe handle to their knees they would take a little more care before making  their predictions
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 07:51:12 AM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2014, 11:41:13 AM »
They weren’t gonna frighten no one away from the game, Maj. Hearin’ of departures bein’ delayed fer folks tryin’ ta leave.

Was as disappointed in the commercials, particularly the normally brilliant Bud Light stuff, as much as the game, Roo. Those runnin' durin’ the game were potty-break quality.

Rainin’ nice. Washed a lot of the sn*w crud off’n the station wagon. Took ‘nother trip ta the big Kroger thing. Got turkey breasts for 99¢ a pound, limit of two per visit. Was diggin’ thru the pile with a delightful ‘mature’ lady. Now I got four of ‘em. Might go get two more tamarrah.

Grudgingly, gotta admit it’s a nice place they’ve got there. Good sales. Ever’day stuff’s a l’il high.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 424
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2014, 01:37:10 PM »
Just got in to Baltimore, hey it cool up here !  light snow mix with rain

I'm told the best Crab Cakes around are at in place just up the street...
 met a Lady on the suttle who is stuck and can't get home to Long Island (airport close) so she said she go too.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2014, 02:04:46 PM »
Mornin all.

Finished up an essay this morning.  have class tonight. 

Weather is...different every hour.  Sunny, cloudy, rainy, sunny again. :-\ 

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2014, 02:37:18 PM »
I'd take some good crab cakes, would probably even take a mediocre crab cake, but if I wanted one I'd most likely have to go to Red Lobster to get one. ::)

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2014, 03:31:06 PM »
Major 2,

Sounds like a perfect "dinner with a stranger". Can't go wrong with blue crabs!
Be careful of the "Old Bay" seasoning. Marylanders can get a bit carried away with it.
My best,
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 424
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2014, 03:42:12 PM »
Love... OLD Bay ....

and you're right,,,she may not find someone stranger than ME !
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2014, 03:53:32 PM »
Major 2,

That is funny!

I too like "Old Bay". Just not too much of it. The blue crab has a pretty light flavor that can be lost within or too much seasoning.
As far as dinner with a stranger... Well, I will have to leave that up to the two of you :)
My best,
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2014, 04:45:42 PM »
I like Old Bay on the Blues also on shrimp.  I like bue crabs but I don't like to work that hard to eat.  There was a place on the way to and from the range there in No. Va. by the dozen or bushel.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2014, 05:22:24 PM »
There was a place called the "The Blue Mt. Inn" in Thurmout, Maryland. (Sorry Major 2, a good deal west of Baltimore) They had the best all you can eat Maryland Blue Crab.
Problem was, there was so much "old bay" crusted onto the steamed crab, one had to scrape it off to be sure is was a steamed Blue Crab.
All those hot spices from a good fresh "Old Bay", did help to sell a lot of beer for the Blue Mt Inn, but did not add to the very delicate flavor the blue crab offered.
I went back many times!
My best,
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2014, 05:57:03 PM »
I like crab meat, but it is too hard to dig out. I made a second pot of Cawffee this morning and I Just finished it off. I had some Chinese take-out  for lunch. I do not know about supper.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2014, 06:21:51 PM »
T L,

I am not real found of the picking and digging either.
But, it does make for a good feed!
If it don't burn your guts out, after you get at it. That is my reason for suggesting caution with the amount of "Old Bay" seasoning.
My best,
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2014, 06:56:35 PM »
Been a long time since I had crab cakes ::)

20 here. Winter Storm Warning up for late tomorrow into Wednesday :-\

Posted earlier, but it seems to have vanished into the ether ::) :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2014, 07:16:22 PM »
We had leftover Super Bowl snacks for supper tonight. I will finish them off for lunch tomorrow. The temp is in the low 40s and dry. No more rain till Wed or Third.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2014, 08:40:01 PM »
Can't stand crabs... :-X 

Maybe just my wacky Mountain taste buds.  I'll take a grey squirrel roasted over a fir/oak fire. ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2014, 08:58:54 PM »
That's why i like crab cakes, someone else has to pick them.  We go to buffets that got's them snow crab legs and Rita picks them about and don't get much to eat.  Kinda like sun flower seeds, far more work than they are worth to shell them.  BTW already shelled sunflower seeds are far cheaper in the long run than them ones in the shell and they don't make no mess. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2014, 05:42:48 AM »
I'll start a pot ;)

14 here,WC 13. Still dark, we do have a Winter Storm Warning up starting this evening. Calling for up to 10 inches of the evil white stuff :o :-\

Our birds don't mind shelling them, Del. ;D Of course, they're kinda small compared to pumpkin seeds. Have a mess under all the feeders. I thought this time around they'd like some fruit, so I mixed some raisins in. they left'em ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2014, 07:16:00 AM »
Mornin’, y’all.

36° ‘n o’er 40° later. Might rain, might not.

Fat lady made up some crab cakes not too long ago. They reminded me Duck was gone. Sad.

Couple weeks ago we lost an Eagle at the airport. The ‘leaders’ have been kinda mum on the identity. The ‘leaders,’ airport ‘n Norfolk’s, were told by Ornithologists harassing the Garden’s resident birds wouldn’t run them off the property – it hasn’t. They were also told others would come in if they, the ‘leaders,’ caused the physical removal of the birds from the Garden.

Told the fat lady the reluctance to publish the bird’s identity probably hinged on the fact it wasn’t one of the resident pair. Another had, in fact, found its way to the airport and been hit.

Guess what. Both of the resident birds have now been accounted for. Leaked info says the dead bird is positively not the male of the pair. The unfortunate bird appears to be a visitor the resident pair haven’t been able to spot and/or run out of the area due to the constant harassment of the ‘leaders’’ gooberment agents.

Told ya so……………………
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com