Author Topic: Camping accessory reviews  (Read 175276 times)

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Camping accessory reviews
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 10:02:14 AM »
Scarlet
This has been my home away from home for several years now, when attending major cowboy shoots. 
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 10:16:40 AM »
The reason why I'm here today is because their textiles industry went south (literally to Spain and Italy ;D).

Hope they don't ever get it back.  You might get a hankerin' to go back an' we can't be havin' that.  :o   ;D
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2008, 07:19:34 PM »
Hope they don't ever get it back.  You might get a hankerin' to go back an' we can't be havin' that.  :o   ;D

My father was in the textiles bidness, not me.  He came here to study new ways of doing things in the hopes of saving the family business.  It crumbled while he was here, so he stayed and met my mother.  I used to want to move to Germany, but I can't take their politics. :(  My father and stepmother are moving there next year, but I think he'll be sorely disappointed.  He thinks like we do and will no doubt be back in a hurry.

This is my current "wild west" home until I can save the money for a period tent. ;D

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 07:43:37 AM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2008, 07:25:01 PM »
I need to get a tent, but for now if it gets real bad someone always has room to keep the cook dry cause wet cooks are grumpy even more grumpy.

My home:

Weighs a good 75 pounds, plenty of warmth in it. ;D

Oh and the kitchen:

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 07:29:29 PM »
We got our campin gear out of storage taday in prep fer next week.  It really is pretty minamal fer not tryin ta come off as anythin but modern campers.  One rubbermaid tub, a tent, the smokey joe and some flotation devices.  Keep the lanterns here all year fer just in case.  
     I'm countin the days til we hit the woods and the river.  We are definately due.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 07:33:53 PM »
I admit I take a lot, plus things most folks don't, like a coffee grinder, broom, the big cloth bag to the left in the last picture is towels, oh and clothes line and clothes pins for wet towels, that is about half the gear, I pick and chose for the trip. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2008, 07:39:09 PM »
Miss Scarlett

Me and Old Top used to spend the weekend with sleeping bags, and a frozen brick of his mothers chili, chip some off and heat..(good thing no tent)

Old Age and marriage has taken me from tents, tent trailers, trailer, to now like Arcy Holiday Inn..however here is a great site for freeze dried foods, containers and most importantly First Aid supplies...check it out...

http://beprepared.com/Default.asp?bhcd2=1216341155

Curley

PS a good site to get your earthquake stuff together..(mine has gotten old so I am restocking from this place. The MRE's are very reasonable
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 07:45:39 AM »
Cooking out is my favorite part of Camping.   The smell of bacon and eggs being cooked outside in the morning and fresh coffee is the best part of waking up.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 12:17:51 PM »
Cooking out is my favorite part of Camping.   The smell of bacon and eggs being cooked outside in the morning and fresh coffee is the best part of waking up.

Tex, you are so right about that.  The evening meal is a fun production but that wake up call is the best.  Lil does that one while the rest of us are still asleep.

Curley mentioned MRE's.  We used to mix the sugar and powdered cream and call it vanilla ice cream.  It was a good way to finish off the brick of chipped beef.  It really isn't bad eating.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 01:02:34 PM »
Del, It looks the bed of your truck will be full with all your gear.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 06:06:04 PM »
Del, It looks the bed of your truck will be full with all your gear.

I could get more in, got room, but it has to be packed in a certian way, takes about 20 minutes to pack.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 06:20:02 PM »
I bought a long wheel base truck this time and I put one of those fiberglass bed cover on it. I travel in my trucks instead of my wife's new Caddy.  I got more head and leg room in the trucks,

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2008, 06:26:24 PM »
I fit in my truck better than the wife's Mustang, too , TLD. Don't bend like I used to........Buck 8) ::) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2008, 06:38:49 PM »
I'm just too tall to fit in that low slung Caddie and Victoria can't ride in the Caddie because of the leather seats.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2008, 06:44:30 PM »
I tell ya what, as far as fit,  this Toyota, Tacoma is about as comfortable a little pickup as I have ever been in,  it just fits ya.  ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2008, 02:43:09 AM »
OT, It had enough room for me and that sayin' alot.  My body just don't fit in a car unless it's one of those 70's luxury cars.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2008, 10:29:52 PM »
Gas prices notwithstanding, I'd love to have a '75 Lincoln Continental Town Car.

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2008, 05:40:36 AM »
Now that's a LAND YACHT!

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2008, 07:08:50 AM »
My grandfather used to have a blue Lincoln.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2008, 07:25:30 AM »
my first father in law was always buying and selling Linclons,  I don't remember him driving anything else,  he drove a gas transport during the week, every Friday at the end of the day, he had to drain the transport to make sure no water collected, it was a 10,000 gallon tank, so he would always get 10 or 15 gallons of gas,  he'd take it home and put it in 55 gallon barrels,  I don't think he ever paid for a gallon of gas. always had plenty on hand for the Linclons.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com