Author Topic: New Year's Resolution  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Year's Resolution
« on: December 31, 2011, 08:50:55 AM »
As a proud father of my son's recent accomplishment of receiving his Eagle Award, I was going through the safe to pull out a special gift I have hidden away until now.  A 1985 Winchester Eagle Rifle along with a 2010 Henry Eagle Rifle Commemorative, and a Shiny Nickel Plated Engraved Colt SAA with Carved Eagle Ivory Grips made the year he was born.  When I was putting these back in the safe, I pulled out the two USFA Premium SAA's that started me down this road of renewed gun collecting and shooting, and watching westerns, specifically John Wayne and Gene Autry movies, The Virginian, Gunsmoke, and even the Waltons that frequently talked about the NRA.  All shows talked about things that needed talked about, and still remained classy without today's trashy way of dealing with things.  These two USFA revolvers started me on collecting Colt's as well as USFA's.  They started me and my son going to Colt shows together, and visiting USFA and having a tour with Gary Granger through the plant.  These two Premiums make me think about a time in America when America had unique qualities that the rest of the world took notice of.  The American West, The Cowboy, and American inginuity with real quality crafstmanship which was the envy all around the world.  These two USFA revolvers, in their beautiful Case Coloring and deep Blue with American Walnut Grips make me think of all of that, and a toast in one of John Wayne Navy movies.  

So, here is my toast for the New Year!

Here is to God, Our Country, Our Families, The Armed Services, and Boy Scouts of America, and all the good they stand for!!!

And Here is to USFA for reminding how things used to be and how things should be! 
Happy New Year!
I forgot to add my resolution.  I am going to order a very special USFA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com