Author Topic: October Beer,Brats Oom PaPa music ,Coffee an Tea (and some good conversation  (Read 181535 times)

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
yuppie?

What actually is the definition of a yuppie? I have been out of the loop for awhile, I must admit, but...
How does one recognize one of these human forms from any body else?
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Somebody that takes simple old time tasks and acts like they discovered them, they have cell phone apps to tell you how many charcoals to put on a dutch oven, they buy 3 acres in the country, build a big house and think they are rural people.   They drive 4WDs than the only time they go off road is when the drive home drunk and go through the flower bed. 

Many forms of damned yuppies out there, but figure if I don't like them and you wouldn't call them a red neck or similar type thing, then they are a damned yuppie, many forms of them, vegans, greenies, and other types of liberals.  They don't produce anything useful most times, they are easy to hurt the feeling off, but they are very offensive. 

Dang, I thought everyone knew what they were and how to avoid them. ::)

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
young urban professional" or " young upwardly-mobile professional
often ( read mostly ) liberal , not always Democrat ( but it is a often a symptom)
tend to own Bimmer's, Lexus's , but push Prius' or Smart Cars for others than themselves....

Roo.... I need to try smoked sausage in the crock pot ...what's the skinny on that ?

Onions , Kraut ?
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Afternoon y'all,

Our car should come back from the mechanic tomorrow.  That will make things much more convenient, going to the city.
Speaking of which, the trip went okay.   Though I saw a fellow with a face that looked like somebody had pushed their fingers into a balloon.   :o  Somebody's been eating too many doughnuts.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Ain't done smoked stuff, yet. Do hot 'n Italian sausages in shredded cabbage with cubed up potatoes 'n drown it all in beer. Low, 6 ta 8 hours. All the sausage goodness spreads through the cabbage 'n 'taters. Very nice.

Done salmon filets tanight. I had grits, mixed green leafy stuff 'n horseradish. Fat lady had mixed vegetables with hers. Corn bread for me too.

The first attempt from scratch.

Messed with the parts list a bit. Was thinkin' it was gonna be too sweet with somethin' I substituted so I cut the sugar in half. The fragrance what rose when I pulled the lid ta temp check it was unreal, not unlike warm pumpkin pie.

It's real moist. Receipt (can't spell recipe) said it would be. Fat lady ate one slice 'n told me to get the rest away from her. Think that was a compliment...........................
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Major 2,

I like your definition.
But, I have to ask, how can one tell the difference from anybody else?
Do they wear a brand, or a tattoo?
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Major Like Arcey said would work or Kraut alone. I was going to add mine to a few chicken parts and some rice and black beans.  Some onion and garlic for a extra kick. Some kracklin cornbread on the side. Could do it in a pot on the stove. Crock pot it a no fuss deal.

Having a hot apple cider tonight
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Reminded me of somethin' I forgot ta remember. Got bone-in chicken thighs for 99¢ a pound. Perdue raised. Best price I've seen in some time. The freezer's happy.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Ain't hard, to tell, most open their mouths and make fools of themselves within 30 seconds or more, had one one night when I was in the work dept in buying Muck Arctic Sports so he could go ice fishing (yep the sob pulled up in a BMW SUV)  acted like he knew everything, had to Muck website stuff on the boots he wanted memorized, looked down asked what those were, looked like they slipped over your regular shoes, was fascinated at the new invention called over-boots.  ::)

Yep, not hard to tell when you see them, they stick out like a sore thumb in my world, might not in others world, never really got to know one well, never seen the need to, really don't see a lot of use in befriending one, might be useful in bear country, shoot em in the knee and run if a bear started after you. ;D  Do know when i see a Prius in our lot, there most likely is one up in jeans buying Levis, they seem to like Levis.   

One wanders through my area once in a while, my customers and me are just amazed, they seem nervous, just look around, never seem to have opinions on guns, beef prices, how the corn is doing with the dry weather, if the beans are getting picked yet, which Ian Tyson or Cris LeDoux song is the best, maybe they're shy and don't want to join in, maybe it's the straight black coffee instead of foo foo coffee, but I'd suspect they are just plain dumb about worldly things.    ;) 

Hell if they do want to buy a hat they never know their hat size.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
No Blair, sadly no brands or tattoos per-say.... though often they have an invisible  " L " halo they wear proudly like a tiara.

To bad there is no identifying brand though... then even other Idiots could avoid them !   ;D

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
Yuppies are everywhere these days. We have large pockets of them in the northern parts of Dallas and Tarrant counties.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Never saw where they needed brands or tattoos or flashing neon lights, ain't hard to spot.   

If this helps, by the look of things I'd hazard a guess this ain't a yuppie. 

Lots of little clues in there. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I ain't the only one that dislikes them.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Never saw where they needed brands or tattoos or flashing neon lights, ain't hard to spot.   

If this helps, by the look of things I'd hazard a guess this ain't a yuppie. 

Lots of little clues in there. 

Photo reminded me of the line from Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid 

Strother Martin as Percy Garris: " I'm not crazy; I'm just colorful. "   :)

course Strother Martin's most famous line in another Newman film "What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Mornin'.

'Bout like yestitty but it'll get better tomarrah. Have confidence.

Got the much enjoyed paperwerk/check writin'/house runnin' business ta do. Such fun. Reminds me of the old days in the office.

Thinkin' on makin' 'nother run ta the off-site for sumore chicken parts.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Raining since 530 here. Gonna dig in here most of the day. Might clean my Jeep out if i get a break in the sky. 

I'll Set the crock pot up and start throwing stuff in it.  Put on a movie most likely one i have already seen. Or catch up on cooking shows or Pawn stars or the Kount.

Picked up chicken pieces the same price not to long ago. Need to go back see what else they have on sale. All meat in this store is American raised and processed. Then i do find many local grown and processed items at "the Wal-Mart" as Del's favorite comedian says it.  Buy local when ever i can. Getting old and disgruntle and scrutinize about everything i pay for. 
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
I don't buy much of the groceries any more, Moose goes to Albertsons, Walmart, and a Yuppie place called Central Market. central Market has the best meat, also the most expensive.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Albertson's is big in the Western States...
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
Morning y'all.

In Bloomington MN. Say some birds yesterday but no chance to shoot 'em. Windchill was 29. Wind from the NW. Leaving fer home in a little bit. Be there around 4.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com