Author Topic: Stars of Merit Awarded  (Read 8372 times)

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Re: Stars of Merit Awarded
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 04:01:37 PM »
Folks,

I am completely overwhelmed by the performances that are being provided here.

When we first conceived the concept of the Star of Merit, we anticipated that only a few would be awarded to any individual.  However, I see we have some people that can shoot straight, represent the GAF in color guards and in living history programs, win military uniform competitions, and otherwise put forth the GAF in a good light.

I am not going to deny anyone who has earned a SoM in the past from their achievement, however it may be that we need to think our entire award program. 

For the record, I must reinterate that to earn the SoM for a clean match (which I'm thinking should be a marksmanship award instead), presenting a living history program, or some other activity, you must be wearing a uniform at the time (sorry, scouts). 

If anyone has a suggestion as to how we can creat an award system that takes into account our many over-achievers, send me a PM or e-mail and I will definitely take it into consideration.

In the meantime, well done to all those who have earned a SoM (and I'll get them posted eventually - being without an Brigade Adjutant significantly eats into my time).

US Scout
GAF, Commanding

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com