Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1284897 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #3860 on: May 17, 2014, 06:46:29 AM »
He is a good kid. The team is doing better since they switched from Ford to Chevy. Phil always drove GM when he drove.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3861 on: May 17, 2014, 07:44:48 AM »
Been ignorin’ Parsons since the start ‘n park stuff. Then there were the denials he owned part of the team a couple years back. Don’t like fakes ‘n theatrics. Just say yer makin’ money startin’ ‘n parkin’ ‘n yer creatin’ jobs for a few folks - be straight up.

The car’s run with empty quarters this season, full races. Good on both the driver ‘n the owner. Hope it develops inta better things.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3862 on: May 18, 2014, 08:41:21 AM »
Happy for McMurray. The boy had ‘em covered. Wonder if they’d have kept Montoya around if he’d popped up ‘n snatched one ever now ‘n again. Numbers wise there weren’t no difference in ‘em to amount ta anything.

DVRed the thing. Very much enjoyed it that way.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #3863 on: Today at 05:06:09 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3863 on: May 19, 2014, 07:32:16 AM »
McMurray always seem like a nice guy. His career has really taken off since he joined Chip's bunch.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3864 on: May 21, 2014, 05:05:23 PM »
Aww, Lord, boys. Didn’t think I’d ever see it. So damned happy I’m ‘bout ta get misty.

Norfolk's Joe Weatherly voted into NASCAR Hall

The Virginian-Pilot
© May 21, 2014

Norfolk native Joe Weatherly, who won two championships and a most-popular driver award during his racing career, was among the five members elected today to the next class of NASCAR’s Hall of Fame.

Weatherly, who attended James Madison and Maury high schools, died in a crash at Riverside (Calif.) Speedway in 1964 at age 41.

His first NASCAR win came in 1958, and he won three times in 1960 and nine in 1961, when he finished fourth place in the points championship. His reputation as a practical joker earned him the title of “Clown Prince of Racing.”

He won the Grand National championship – the highest level at the time – in 1962 and 1963, and was leading the championship at the time of his death.

Joining Weatherly in this class for the Hall of Fame were Bill Elliott, Wendell Scott, Rex White and Fred Lorenzen.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3865 on: May 22, 2014, 05:25:45 AM »
I was hoping that Curtis Turner would make it this year, maybe next year. I am glad that the Thief did not make it.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3866 on: May 25, 2014, 07:19:30 AM »
Heard Johnson on the Sunday mornin’ radio show. Their set ups ain’t right. Cars gettin’ too tight in traffic’s been a problem for ‘em. Thought NASCAR cured that with this season’s aero package. What was it Hamlin got fined fer sayin’ last year? Somethin’ ‘bout the cars goin’ too tight in traffic weren’t it?

Got the f1 thing on. Don’t remember the last one I saw. Have they put mufflers on the ‘motaw ricers’ or somethin’? Kinda quiet ‘n funny soundin’.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #3867 on: May 25, 2014, 08:15:59 AM »
Arcey

F1 changed the formula for 2014 ...they went from 2.4-litre air breathing V8 engines to 1.6 litre V6 turbo engines...
Designers have an energy recovery system that muffles the motors down.They buzz like weed whackers now.
The Australian Grand Prix has threatened to sue Formula One management over the lack of engine noise.
They claim they were cheated and received much criticism at this year’s race.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3868 on: May 25, 2014, 10:30:56 AM »
Interestin'.

Thankee, M2.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3869 on: May 25, 2014, 11:39:39 AM »
 Monaco is run... Watch 'n' the 500 now

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3870 on: May 25, 2014, 04:37:16 PM »
Kurt Busch finished 6th in Indiana, huh? Ain't too shabby.

Sports radio did some race talk this mornin’ ‘fore the thing o’er seas started. Some ole open wheel boy was talkin’ over advances in technology at the Indiana track. Talked ‘bout Mario Andretti ‘n down force. How sumthin’ was stuck on the car ta deflect air inta the radiator. Caused the front end ta lift. So, Andretti come up with front wings ‘n ‘discovered’ down force in ’67.

Pictured below is one of Don Garlits’ Swamp Rats, circa 1964/5, with Andretti’s 1967 ‘discovery’ mounted on the nose.

Glad ta see NASCAR ain’t the only one with media shills what are full crap.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3871 on: May 26, 2014, 07:05:20 AM »
I was hoping that Kurt would finish both races. I can't understand why they had six time involved in the selection of the Nascar HOF, I am sure that he was told to lobby for the thief. I was pulling for Matt or Harvick to beat six time. I turned it off, I could not stand to see that worm win.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3872 on: May 26, 2014, 07:25:09 AM »
I did the same ....

Kurt may well be a bitter pill for some...but he is a WHEEL MAN.  Finished 6th. @ Indy , pretty much carried FR to the chase on his shoulders last year , can drive competively in anything  ....(speaking of FR,  Truex wan't to shabby last night though, But for a mechanical issue)

I've pretty much resigned myself, that Johnson is the heir apparent to tie the 7 time champs Petty & Earnhardt.
He has talent and the thief's deep pockets , And will probably keep the Rainbow Warrior from his 5th. before he hangs it up...

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3873 on: May 26, 2014, 09:45:00 AM »
You are right, M2. It is a bitter pill to swallow!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3874 on: May 26, 2014, 12:39:23 PM »
Y’all might wanna take my attitude. The way I see it there ain’t been a true champ since this chase thing started. It became even less credible last year. This year………… psssssst…………

Couldn’t do much but sit back ‘n chuckle last night. Primarily pull for the Toyotas so we had:

Busch, the reckless SOB, has ta start in the back. Ran his hind parts off ta get lost laps back ‘n get to the front. After all that the car ain’t werth a crap after a half dozen laps.

Kenseth ran well ‘n wound up with a hole in the nose no one knows the origin of – includin’ Kenseth.

The normally crack 11 crew decides the evenin’ was the one ta start leavin’ wheels loose, not once but twice. Think Hamlin gave up after the second one.

Bowyer’s car was as fast as any all evenin’. At two down after foul ups in the pit he was turnin’ laps as fast as the leaders.

Vickers shown flashes of brilliance but no stayin’ power.

Ended up pullin’ for McMurray like last week – didn’t work this week.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3875 on: May 26, 2014, 01:35:10 PM »
I pull for anyone but, #24 or #48.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3876 on: June 09, 2014, 08:16:05 AM »
Been readin’ the various write-ups from the parade in the Poconos yestitty. Guess my declinin’ interest is showin’. Didn’t watch or record it, had things ta do, that had nothin’ ta do with shootin’, just heard some from the disembodied voices what speak to me in the station wagon.

Ennyways………..

Things is settled in this season. No one knows the unsolved aero problems better’n them racin’ the things – drivers, techs, car/crew chiefs. No one knows their drivers capabilities, or lack there of, better’n the dude on the box.

They all know there’s a great degree of difficulty gettin’ ‘round a car in clean air when yers ain’t. All of ‘em. No one gives Keselowski a lot of credit for intelligence. Wolfe knows better’n any of us his driver ain’t the brightest bulb in the box.

‘N that leads me to my question. Where in hell was Wolfe ‘n why wasn’t he yellin’ ‘NO!!!!!!!!!!!!’ by radio when the dummy pulled the stunt lettin’ the 88 go by.

Stay out front ‘n blow it, Forrest. Yer in the championship thing already. Points ain’t an issue.  Get behind Patrick for any reason? ‘N she’s drivin’ a damaged car? ‘N she’s unpredictable with an undamaged car?

Ho-leeeeeee Kripe.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3877 on: June 09, 2014, 12:31:49 PM »
>>Well said- now back to Dale Jr.<<

Been thinkin’ on that out runnin’ errands.

‘Bout how much better the renumbered 25’s been runnin’ ‘n how poor Kahne’s been runnin’ since the thief was lookin’ dead at a third of the season for the former runnin’ unsponsored. Crowd ‘n the important part, TV ratin’s, still in decline the boy weren’t sellin’ like ‘e had been on name alone.

Thinkin’ on the move that gave it to ‘im yestitty. Maybe I could be wrong but startin’ ta think even Keselowski can’t be that stupid. Wouldn’t be nothin’ in it for Penske. Hell, Penske can buy ‘n sell the thief at a heavy discount ‘n not feel it. Paul Wolfe can tell Keselowski what ta do but Wolfe ain’t drivin’ the car. Don’t think NASCAR’s gonna cut ‘em a future break - they only do that for the thief ‘n them in his pocket for equipment, such as the tax fraud what pulled his time in a country club prison.

Naw. Keselowski just did a tear jerker interview. Heart was broke the thief didn’t look out for ‘im ‘n keep ‘im in the fold. He ‘n Earnhardt is pals. Wonder if that move yestitty was a ‘don’t forget me, Mr. Hendrick’ sorta thing.  Keselowski can be that stupid.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3878 on: June 09, 2014, 04:13:08 PM »
I feel sorry for that poor horse, I know he is smarter than Brad, and even better looking.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3879 on: June 09, 2014, 05:18:49 PM »
1.  Jr's Trophy

2. Brads Trophy .... First loser