Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The Winchester Model 1873

First Time Shooting in Eight Months!!!!!

(1/5) > >>

Bryan Austin:
I finally got a chance to hit the range today after a long eight months. I tried making a video but failed miserably.

My last shot prior was back in October 2020 when I was shooting at 200 yards. Before a shooter can go to the 250 yard range, they have to shoot three shots inside the black diamond at 50 yards. So rather than reset the scope, I wanted to just make an educated guess on where to aim in order to achieve the three shots. Well, I estimated 2" POA below the target sheet and center. Turned out to be 11" POA below the bullseye. I then just placed the black target where I had been making hits from that POA. Close enough!!!!!  Now I can go back to the 250 yard range and continue where I left off eight months ago without resetting the scope!!!

Uberti Winchester 73' w/ 6x Malcolm Scope
25.8gr Reloder 7
220gr 43-214A
Loaded on an RCBS Inline Green Machine

Small telescope mounted to an iphone and talking through a headset...worked pretty good but wasn't an easy set-up.

Interestingly enough the first two shots after eight months were spot on!!!

Phots are too big and I am too lazy to resize them. Here is a link to the video.

Slamfire:
 Oh , yeow !! , thank you and welcome back ,, " frankly I was getting a little worried ( Quote from Quigley ) , everything good there I hope.

coffee's ready ,, Hootmix.

Bryan Austin:

--- Quote from: Slamfire on June 23, 2021, 07:44:35 PM --- Oh , yeow !! , thank you and welcome back ,, " frankly I was getting a little worried ( Quote from Quigley ) , everything good there I hope.

coffee's ready ,, Hootmix.

--- End quote ---

All is well...just miss shooting a lot more than I am. Been flying a lot though!!!

Advertising:

Bryan Austin:

6-27-2021 Range Time
Once I "set the POA to 200 yards center", 200 yard shots did pretty good.

The same when moved to 150 yards. I started out with the POA at the bullseye, then lowered to the 50 yard POA. Shots placed just above bullseye area. Afterwards, shot placement was measured and the 150 POA was added for future shots. If the POA had been correct, all shots would have placed reasonable for the 44-40. Just another excuse to visit the range again in a couple months. I ran out of powder and getting low on primers.

200 Yards = POA center
150 Yards = POA 11.5" Low
50 Yards = POA 9.5" Low

dusty texian:
Thanks for the video's Bryan and good shooting .,,,DT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version