Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The Barracks

Looking for a book recommendation

(1/3) > >>

LongWalker:
I'm trying to put together a bunch of assorted info; of course, that means I need more information. 

I'm looking for (ideally) one volume or source that discusses arms issued to the various Army units in the west, and the dates they were in use, from roughly 1865-1880.  What info I've found so far is incomplete, scattered in coverage, occasionally contradictory, and drawn from more than a dozen different books. 

Thanks,
Jim

Silver Creek Slim:
https://history.army.mil/html/museums/uniforms/survey_uwa.pdf

Slim

Niederlander:
Good luck with that!  Honestly, that looks like the kind of info you get from lots of different sources.

Advertising:

LongWalker:
thanks for the link Silver Creek Slim!

--- Quote from: Niederlander on June 10, 2021, 06:27:34 PM ---Good luck with that!  Honestly, that looks like the kind of info you get from lots of different sources.

--- End quote ---

That's the problem.  I've spent the cost of a decent revolver on references over the past 2 years, to put together less than a page of notes on who had what when.  It is an interesting question, but I'm just not interested enough to continue for much longer. 

smoke:
Let me poke through all that I have and see if one or two of them can answer that question.  However I think the answers probably lie in some old US Army reports.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version