CAS TOPICS > Gunsmithing

M12 riot gun build

<< < (2/5) > >>

Baltimore Ed:
Didn’t get it done in time for our WB match today. We had 18 shooters with about half shooting 1911s. I used my trusty M12 trenchgun instead. Ran like a top. I was clean with the M12 and Marlin 1894 but had 2 misses with my Auto Ordnance 1911. The rain luckily held off until we had everything put away. A very nice shoot.

Baltimore Ed:
Got a question for the forum. How do I get rid of the old price sticker stain on the stock I’m using. This is after some serious scrubbing with bronze wool. I plan on trying to match the buttstock to the forearm. Red walnut and some brown maybe but I don’t want the rectangular sticker stain to show.

DeaconKC:
Wow, the way that has bleached around the sticker you may have to use Citristrip on the whole butt stock. That way you will be starting fresh.

Advertising:

Baltimore Ed:
Hoping that I wouldn’t have to play in the water. Just to clarify, here is where the old sticker was. Doesn’t seem to have any finish, just feels like faded wood.

DeaconKC:
I have used Old English Furniture Polish a few times to touch up scuffs, maybe try it, you have nothing to lose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version