Special Interests - Groups & Societies > 1860 Henry

Uberti Model 66 Flatside 150th anniversary bbl length???

(1/6) > >>

Speedballalice:
I just picked one of these up as a gift from my fiance on Friday. I wanted one back when they were released (one was available locally)but passed because of them being in 45colt and not wanting to spend $1300+ on a gun that wasnt in the caliber I wanted. Well, time went by and i regretted passing it up.
My fiance and I were out shopping for fishing supplies Friday when I stumbled across a used one with the box at a shop I dont normally frequent. She caught me handling it and asked me about it. I told her how I passed one up a couple years ago and regretted it, how it was 1 of 350 and basically a needle in a haystack at this point. She offered to buy it as a wedding gift and needless to say after many "are you sures" from me it came home with us.
The gun has been fired but is in excellent shape with no blemishes and feeds both 45colt and Schofields equally well. I intend on shooting it regularly and am hoping it will handle my blackpowder rounds well without too much blowby.
I'm curious that this rifles promotional literature lists it with a 20" barrel. It does measure that from the breechface. I know all the normal uberti 66s are listed as having a 19" barrel. I'm curious if they are actually different or if the normal 66s are actually 20" total. Im thinking about possible buying a 44-40 barrel for this in the future and am curious if I will need to buy a matching mag tube or shorten mine?
In the meantime I will just enjoy shooting it as a 45colt and maybe I will like it.

nativeshootist:
Well, measure the barrel first. Make sure that's its actually 20" or 19". If its actually 20" the mag tube might just be a bit longer to accommodate that barrel length. If it is 20" and you want to sell the barrel after you swap it. Dont be afraid to send me a PM. I'll also measure the barrel length on my carbine when I get home.

Speedballalice:
The barrel measures 20" from the breechface like stated in the above post. I was hoping someone could measure the standard uberti 66 carbine barrel for a comparison. ;D

Advertising:

nativeshootist:
I can do that, just need to get home.

Abilene:
I was pretty sure but just measured a couple Uberti carbines to be sure.  19" 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version