CAS TOPICS > CAS FAQ

Marlin Action

<< < (4/4)

wildman1:

--- Quote from: Baltimore Ed on December 03, 2017, 06:22:00 PM ---I didn't know that. I can't see how without a complete redesign of the gun. I'll have to research it. Thanks.
Just looked it up. At almost 2000.00 , time you're done with a metal refinish and new wood on your old donor rifle, wow. Lot of money to save a few seconds. Im not competitive any more but the ability to use .45acp in a Marlin is pretty nifty.

--- End quote ---
I don't know where you looked it up but it would be closer to a couple hundred bucks. It is a relatively simple process. The recess that holds the ejector is milled farther forward, a new hole drilled to drop it into and a couple other minor changes. They work very well. I don't know exactly how much it was because he had several guns of ours and we didn't ask him for an itemized list.
wM1

Baltimore Ed:
Looked at Ranger Point Precision. Going to a shorter .45 LC rimmed case would not involve bbl work but going to .45acp would involve a lot of bbl work, removing, cutting and rethreading, rechambering to acp, reinstall and cutting the mag tube and refitting forearm.

wildman1:
OK that. I was referring to SS in general.38 spl etc. which would not have any barrel work done.
wM1

Advertising:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version