Author Topic: Baikal 43kh external hammer shotgun how do I take it apart?  (Read 3420 times)

Offline Dusty Earl

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Baikal 43kh external hammer shotgun how do I take it apart?
« on: September 09, 2015, 09:28:36 AM »
I bought a used baikal 43kh at a gun show. It seemed in good shape. Finally test fired it and it has a problem with the left firing pin. It hits the primer but some shells don't go off. It doesn't stick out quite as far as the right side. I was going to take it a part and see whats going on but can't find anything on the web about how to do this . I have never taken a double barrel a part before. It has a cross bolt type safety that blocks the firing pins unless you pull the trigger.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: Baikal 43kh external hammer shotgun how do I take it apart?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 06:17:32 PM »
CAREFULLY!!

You need a drawing.  There is an outfit in florida use to import them.  Don't remember their name right now.  It is NOT a side lock shotgun.   The side locks are fake.  The hammers are powered by coil springs.  IIRC.

Coffinmaker

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 06:55:48 PM »
Coffinmaker is on it ,  he's thinking of EEA Corp.

They were the importer , until Remington took on the Gun under their flag ...that marriage petered out and EEA was back

http://eaacorp.com/baikal/   and has them again ...
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:45:56 AM »

Offline Dusty Earl

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Baikal 43kh external hammer shotgun
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 02:03:10 PM »
The firing pin on the left is the defective one. The depth of the square shoulder is different than the right. From the exploded view in a manual I found they should be the same. Someone has ground the left one to try and make it fit.
If I open the action it just falls open due to gravity it doesn't cock and it closes easy.I have to cock the hammers. How does the fake hammer differ?

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 11:48:46 AM »
OK, My memory is KAPUT, but there are TWO different versions of the Baikal Hammer Double.  
Version one.  You just cock the gun with the external hammers.  When you hit the opening lever is will just "fall" open.  The actual
hammers that hit the firing pins are internal and are powered by coil springs.
Version two:  The external hammers actually strike the firing pins and cause ignition.  I also don't think that gun is a true sidelock.
If memory serves (probably not) there is a linkage from the hammer to coil springs.  Same same the first version, if you hit
the opening lever, the gun just falls open.
You have taken external firing pins out.  That means you have the second version with true external hammers.  The gun doesn't need to be taken any further down.  Contact EAA Corp in Florida.  Prime importer for Baikal and probably the US Parts distributor too.  Tell em what you have and what you need.  Should fix you right up.
If you run into trouble, the "go-to" guy for Baikal is "Nate Kiowa Jones" in Texas.  If he doesn't know it, nobody does.  If you can't get OEM parts, find a good machinist or Gunsmith and have a new firing pin made.  Those aren't Rocket Science.  Use to make em alla time afore I retired.
The Russian made Bikal guns are very well made.  Very tough little guns (they are kinda light).  Well worth fixing.

Coffinmaker

ps:  stevesgunz.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com