Author Topic: Advice to the New CAS Shooter  (Read 79288 times)

Offline Isbjorn

• Very Active Citizen
  • I promise I won't laugh at your mule.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Advice to the New CAS Shooter
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2017, 01:47:47 PM »
Thanks pards.
The REAL code of the West:
Do unto others before others do it unto you.
WH#3

Offline Waco kid

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2019, 10:25:19 PM »
I am looking forward to shooting my first cas match at ghost town in Findlay oh on July 27th. So far I got a collection of stuff basically all of it dropped in my lap.
For dress I plan on wearing my brown lace up work boots a pair of jeans, a dress shirt a bandana and a cowboy hat. I have a set of leather with a pair of loop holsters, and a China made leather shotgun bandalear.
As far as guns I have a mix match of stuff.  1860 Henry rifle in 45 colt a cimarron 1890 rem pistol in 44/40 a pietta 1873 colt clone in 45 and a stoeger coach gun. I got ammo loaded up and have them in crown royal bags.
I plan on using my red fold up wagon I use in other matchs. Hopefully that will be ok. I have shot a lot of match in the past some bullseye pistol, Idpa and uspsa. Is there anything I am forgetting or any additional advice would be greatly appreciated.

What class would be best? I am thinking that dualist might be best as I have shoot revolvers in bullseye. I will be shooting smokeless. My shot gun has internal hammers and single trigger.
Thanks

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2019, 11:28:19 PM »
 Waco Kid,
 :D ;D ;)

Be careful and don't make the mistake of loading any 44-40 in .45 rifle, even though they'll fit in the loading tube.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 06:29:37 PM »

Offline Marshal Hangtree

• Citizen
  • SASS #: 105256
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2019, 06:45:45 AM »
Waco Kid,
 :D ;D ;)

Be careful and don't make the mistake of loading any 44-40 in .45 rifle, even though they'll fit in the loading tube.

RCJ

Good advice, RCJ.  That is exactly why I switched to .45CS for my pistols.  My '66 is in .44-40, and the .45C looks too similar at the loading table with sweaty eyes.  No mistaking the shorter .45CS rounds.

Offline DB Books

• My alter-ego
  • Very Active Citizen
  • JB's vengeful brother
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2020, 10:31:57 AM »
I quickly got my fill of snakegutters (as dad called them) with the tall riding heals. I got to likin' square-toed horse kickers, but want the next lowest heal called a walkin' heal. Those should be more comfortable. Here's my 19th century repro quick-draw holster I got from https://www.historicalemporium.com/?msclkid=e2e70a3877af1e5c75935761d0b9dcb7&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=(GE)%20Branded&utm_term=historical%20emporium&utm_content=Historical%20Emporium
 ][URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pmVhKcy9j][/url]
as did the Hat, called a slouch that was popular in the 1880's with a western diamondback rattler hatband from Silver Hills trading Co- https://033c66b.netsolstores.com/rattlesnakeskinhatband.aspx
  Shirts and other accoutrements were also from Historical Emporium. Not cheap though. the Shiloh shirt was just shy of $79. Holster was near 60 bucks.
[imghttp://][/img]
Never take life too seriously...there's always somebody else that will!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com