Author Topic: October Has Entered The Buildin'!  (Read 287424 times)

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: October Has Entered The Buildin'!
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2008, 03:09:21 AM »
Thanks for all tha birthday wishes folks. Greatly appreciated.
It's wonderful to have yer B'day at a major shoot with your friends around
AND Miz Annie took me out fer seafood supper.
Main match starts today, I got the PM shift today, AM tomorrow, hope I have a breeze to move some smoke.

HOT FRESH CAWFEE!
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2008, 06:29:46 AM »
Thanks fer the Coffee

44 here this morning,  feels just like Fall out there,  supposed to start a little warm up with a chance of some rain through the weekend

Tensleep, sounds like ya had a good birthday, doing what ya like.   ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2008, 06:35:43 AM »
Mornin’, y’all.

51/86%. It’s real prudy ‘n not a cloud in the sky. Hope it holds thru tomorry. Wanna play rootin’, tootin’ cowboy. Make BOOM, fire, smoke ‘n STINK with gen-U-wine powder.

Pizza was darned good yesterevenin’. Was expectin’ onion rings. Out the wrapper I saw they was chopped ‘n all over the thing. Thought I’d really screwed up. But like any other o’erbearin’, obnoxious bully they melted away in a l’il heat. N’er smelt or tasted ‘em.

Glad ta hear things went well, Leo. I knew they would.

Time fer more coffee ‘n ta get ta werk. Things ta do.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 04:04:14 PM »

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2008, 06:52:46 AM »
Thanks for the coffee.

Day late on you b'day sleep.  I hope it was a good one.

Happy Birthday, Sleep.  ;)
It opens in one theater in Scotts Valley tomorrow. I may have to take it in. Thanks for the heads up.
I was thinking of taking this one in, but I need to see how much $$ is in the play budget.  I'm going to a car shoot tomorrow and 7.62 Nato, 5.56 Nato and .30-06 is getting expensive.  I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I received some sad news yesterday.  My coworker and friend Mike Downing voluteered to rejoin the Army with overseas deployment in mind.  On Thursday 9/25, in Afganistan, he and his partner were hit by an IED.  His partner was killed and Mike lost both legs and possibly an arm.  He is at Mercy Hospital stateside and they're attempting to save the dammaged arm.  Today I hope HR will release contact info as I've not spoken to Mike since he deployed.

I read about the sacrifice made by out boys, but this on hits close to home.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2008, 07:15:58 AM »
prayers up for your friend Stoney,  and for all the Soliders away from home and in harms way.

as for the Ammo, it is high and the calibers yer talking about seem to have got in shorter supply too.  since I bought my M1A, I've started to notice the 7.62 prices.  I did luck into some ammo, my cousin, that comes to visit from Oklahoma had a pawn shop for a few years and when I asked him about 7.62, he said he had about a thousand rounds and no gun that caliber, so all them shells are sitting in my ammo pile now.  ;D

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2008, 07:29:38 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tensleep.

I'll be praying for your co-worker and his family, Stoney.
A few year ago, my co-worker's son was killed by a IED in Iraq. An Army chaplain came to work.
BTW, my paster is an Army Reserve chaplain. He has volunteered for a year's duty in Iraq.

Del called last night to say Texas Lawdog and he had made it to Ord, NE. They had chicken fried steak fer supper.

'Tis 25 and sunny. First frost of the season. High of 57.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2008, 07:41:44 AM »
good ta hear both of em made it safe and sound,  bet they enjoyed that CFS

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2008, 07:48:05 AM »
Awwwwww. man. I’m awful sorry ta hear that, Pete. Prayers for the family of the fallen. As well as the injured ‘n his family.

As I don’t hunt ‘n I roll my own, I’ll stick to the .223 for the ‘assault’ rifle. 9mm for street carry, .357 Magnum for CAS. None of ‘em are as cheap as they used to be but in today’s market they’re still reasonably inexpensive as opposed to factory costs.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2008, 09:07:31 AM »
Mornin' Fellas,

Thanks for the Coffee Tensleep, and very happy belated Happy Birthday. I know yer having a good one cuz yer at a big shoot.  ;D

"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2008, 09:24:04 AM »
Marshal Will I am about 5 miles from Travis AFB. Couple hrs from you. Just enough time for something to be warm outta the oven when ya get here should you give me proper notification.

EP.. Early congrats on 44 yrs, my mom & dad will be celebrating 48 yrs on the 16th..Oct must be a good month.

Mz Scarlett I thought you lived in California?   I didn't know they'd allow folks to get married when they was 10 years old there!   congradulations to you

:D  My husbands family is from NC..or maybe I should say they are gettin real liberal out here.  :D

I'm going to a car shoot tomorrow
:o

SP I am sure sorry to hear about your friend. Prayers up for the family.

I'll be headed over to Point Reyes for a horse back ride today...yes, I'm taking my rain gear just in case.

Y'all have a great day!
"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2008, 09:53:16 AM »
Stoney, prayers up for your friend and his family and for all of those who go in harms way for our benefit.

Arcey, looks like we might actually get a chance to shoot together again.  ;D

Hope Del and TLD are having a great time, I bet the CFS was good!
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2008, 09:54:17 AM »
Late as usual Lately.........Happy 29th Tensleeps...Hope your having a great time in The Not so Free State.

SP  a prayer out to the soldiers and their families........... all of them. LIT just said it best.

Been up doing errands this morning.....Last week my truck was in the shop so it didn't get inspected for it annual, this morning I run it in.  Then back to the shop where they did the work to ad a piece they had to order.  Then found out he finally got his State Inspectors permit...sure would have saved me some time if I knew first.  It's done for another year.

Weather been nice and cool in the mornings warming into the 70's in afternoon.   Starting to feel like squirrel season. ;D   Got some 405 gr bullets on order need to start rolling some ammo for 'em ;D ;D ;D

"hairy one" congradulations
Mathew 5.9

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2008, 10:01:53 AM »

Starting to feel like squirrel season. ;D   Got some 405 gr bullets on order need to start rolling some ammo for 'em ;D ;D ;D

reckon that oughta get a squirrel or 2,  gonna be kinda slim pickens on the meat that's left.   ;)

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2008, 10:08:50 AM »
Mornin' pards. Thanks for the coffee, Sleep. Glad to hear your B-day was a good one. I can't think of many better ways to spend it than with friends doing something you love to do.

I'm going to a car shoot tomorrow
I take it this isn't a drive-by you're talking about. ;D

Prayers up for your friend, Stoney.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2008, 10:27:41 AM »
Last weekend, had a War of Northern Aggression re-enactment in a county me ‘n Tom have to pass thru on our way ta the shoots in Wakefield. Ole boy got hisownself shot in the shoulder. Air lifted ‘im ta the horsepistol. Walked out the next day. Sounds like he was really hurt, don’t it?

Good ole boy Sheriff gonna get ta the bottom of it. So far, he cain’t hardly find anybody what’ll fess up ta even bein’ there much less ‘bout somebody gettin’ shot. Speculated maybe it was a stray shot from a squirrel hunter.

The paper reported the doc dug the ‘ball’ out ‘n give it to ole boy what got shot. He’s still got it. Say it’s a .45. Why he has possession of it I dunno. Ole city cop like me wouldah sent sumbody ta the horsepistol ta recover the evidence, take names, record times ‘n such. But we kinda dumb when it comes ta shootin’s. Only handle two er three a week.

Sheriff’s prolly right. Stray shot from a hunter while the show was goin’ on. Must not ah been NRA safety trained.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2008, 10:38:58 AM »

reckon that oughta get a squirrel or 2,  gonna be kinda slim pickens on the meat that's left.   ;)

You can eat them things?   I was trying to keep 'em from multipling and driving Arcey crazy

Arcey truth be known the victim already knew who dun it.   I think CSI did a scenario like that
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2008, 11:00:46 AM »
Aw, hell, Rooster. Most e’erbody there knows who the idiot was what loaded a live round(s) ‘n dropped the hammer. Sumbody prolly has it on video. Bet ya a beer straight up it was a pure accident. They’ll take care of it themselves. But they ain’t tellin’ ole Barney.

Either way, if the rag’s right, Ole Deputy Dawg’s done blown the chain of  custody on the evidence.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2008, 11:04:05 AM »
Aw, hell, Rooster. Most e’erbody there knows who the idiot was what loaded a live round(s) ‘n dropped the hammer. Sumbody prolly has it on video. Bet ya a beer straight up it was a pure accident. They’ll take care of it themselves. But they ain’t tellin’ ole Barney.

Either way, if the rag’s right, Ole Deputy Dawg’s done blown the chain of  custody on the evidence.

He prolly knew the fellas involved also.   Your right about the evidence, you'd had someone sitting at the ER waitin' for the ball
Mathew 5.9

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2008, 11:20:52 AM »
Thanks for your thoughts and prayer for Mike.

I take it this isn't a drive-by you're talking about. ;D

;D  Nope it's when we take a vehicle like this

And turn it into this.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2008, 11:48:37 AM »
Your right about the evidence, you'd had someone sitting at the ER waitin' for the ball

Didn’t have much choice. I’d ah done sumthin’ that stupid I’d ah been out the bureau so fast it’d make yer head spin.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com