Author Topic: 200 grain, or 255 grain?  (Read 2756 times)

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
Re: 200 grain, or 255 grain?
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2022, 10:30:57 AM »
I tote a .50-70.   ;D But they won't fit in the revolver
   ::)
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2022, 02:04:54 PM »

:)  Aw Cummon  ;)

Aw Right all ready.  Gimmie a BREAK!!  The original 45 Colt was never chambered for Rifle, because the case rim was unsuitable for a Rifle Extractor.  So There!!

Also, 45 Colt can and WILL run just as CLEAN as the "dash" calibers with a little care and attention.  I anneal both 45 Colt and 45 Schofield cases.  Annealed, with BP or APP those cases run as clean in my rifles and any dash caliber.  The only cleaning required after a match is a wet (PAM) patch thru the bore, a dry patch and an Oily patch.  The Carrier Block and the Carrier Block Mortice seldom require attention.

SO:

If one is so inclined to Bad Mouth (keyboard) the 45 Colt, at least do it for a valid reason.  The Blow-By and chamber fouling can be easily ELIMINATED.  CHOP CHOP SHAKA LAKA!!

People are Still Hazardous to Yer Health.  Avoidance.

Offline ira scott

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • AKA: Broken Nose Scotty
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 59
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2022, 08:00:25 PM »
Aw Cummon (come on?) back at ya.

Funny that what some people, (you) consider to be "a little care and attention", others myself included, consider to be a PITA.
Sooo much simpler to use a bottle neck cartridge that was designed to work in a blackpowder lever gun by engineers long ago in a land far, far away. Case rim unsuitable for a rifle extractor? Really?  Apparently that ones been figured out by modern, more smarter engineers.  At least the OP didn't put "long Colt" in his post!

More discussion Coffinmaker Sir?

Respectfully yours,  Broken Nose Scotty 
It is far better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt!

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:13:15 AM »

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1181
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2022, 10:36:46 PM »
Well, the original 45 Colt cartridges did not have the rim that modern brass does.  But I agree about the PITA, plus having heard of annealed brass sticking in some revolver chambers.  But I guess some people's PITA is another person's routine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com