Author Topic: Wild Bunch film  (Read 3237 times)

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wild Bunch film
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2023, 10:16:46 AM »
The M3 holster wouldn't see the light of day until WWII - the M7 was much later.

The Browning was a WWII-era M1917A1.

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 190
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2023, 01:07:54 PM »
Getting serious on my 1917a1 gas gun. Had a proper table for a while. Good old Numrich / GPC. ‘HE GOT LEGS!’ That’s what ZZ Top says. Complete with brass and steel ID plates on the rear. Need to redo the strap.

Finally got a picture to post. Had to use the Apple Watch setting on my image size converter app.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 190
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2024, 05:30:10 PM »
Started on the build but have a mile to go. Cut the two slots in my sideplates for the end plate. Took 4 tries. Have a 1919a4 stripped top cover ordered and am looking for a top plate. Also thinned the aluminum block that will be the trunnion.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:44:58 PM »

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2024, 12:11:07 AM »
The M3 holster appeared in 1942.

Hard to backdate that to the time period.

The M1917 LMG was the WWII parkerized variant, too - but most all of the originals had been rebuilt and it was likely the only 'vintage' LMG they could rent.

To enjoy this film, one has to suspend disbelief and put aside their crying need to tell everyone what is and isn't 'right'. - and that's hard to do.

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 424
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2024, 05:54:27 AM »
It's not Wild Bunch, but somewhat relevant, because the discussion of the M3 holster.   

This is the M3 belonging to Lt. William "Bill" Roberts.  With his Ithaca 1911a1
and Flight Jacket. I am the proud current caretaker of these.

Obituary

ROBERTS,
WILLIAM FRANKLIN
William Franklin Roberts, 97, died on August 11, 2019 in Gainesville, Georgia.
Born February 16, 1922 in Jacksonville Florida, William served as a B-26 Marauder pilot with the 386th Bomb Group, 555th Bomb Squadron during World War II. He flew 50 combat missions and was in Paris on VE-Day.
Mr. Roberts was a graduate of both the University of Florida and UCLA as well as a Charter Life Member of the University of Florida's National Alumni Association and Grand Guard. William worked at Northrop Corp and the Aerospace Corporation in Southern California as well as GE in Philadelphia. He provided technical assistance for the first communications satellite and for developmental stages of the space shuttle. Earth Day in 1970 inspired William to found Sigma Treatment Systems. He patented pollution control systems for ships at sea and traveled the world, giving lectures and promoting his company.
William's active retirement included a purposeful emphasis on creative ventures to balance his largely technical career. He often said, 'I feel like I have lived several lives, and they were all good.'
William was preceded in death by his beloved wife, Constance Charron Roberts, in May, 2014.
He is survived by four sons; eight grandchildren; two great grandchildren; many special nieces and second cousins, plus numerous other relatives and friends of all ages in many locations.
On August 29th at 2:00PM a Memorial Service will be held for William at Lanier Village Estates, a retirement community in Gainesville, GA.
A later interment, with full military rites will be at the
Florida National Cemetery in Jacksonville. This will be a joint interment for William and Constance

when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com