Author Topic: GOEX sold  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Kent Shootwell

• Top Active Citizen
  • Got whiskey, will stumble.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 22
Little powder much lead shoots far kills dead.
Member, whiskey livers
AKA Phil Coffins, AKA Oliver Sudden

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: GOEX sold
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 08:27:22 AM »

AGNESS!!  There's gonna be fireworks fer da Fourth after all!!

Play Safe Out There

Offline Ranch 13

• Top Active Citizen
    • Historic Shooting.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 08:36:04 AM »
I'm thinking it was about as much a matter of survival as anything else for Estes. They used Goex powders in their rocket motors.
 Glad to see them say they plan to continue the Goex and Olde Eynsford, just a shame that Hogdon saw fit to let the investment Goex had made in the KIK plant go down the tubes.
Eat more beef the west wasn't won on a salad.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:14:56 AM »

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 361
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 05:13:16 PM »
I'm thinking it was about as much a matter of survival as anything else for Estes. They used Goex powders in their rocket motors.
 Glad to see them say they plan to continue the Goex and Olde Eynsford, just a shame that Hogdon saw fit to let the investment Goex had made in the KIK plant go down the tubes.

I hope they continue the whole line. They haven't came out and specifically said so. All that really says is they plan to continue production of black powder.

Ditto on the KIK. That was some really good powder and best bang for the buck, literally.

Like a lot of people I'm not happy with the whole Hodgdon thing as a whole, they are buying up everything powder related and having all our eggs in one basket is bad for the shooting sports in general. I'm hoping this sale of Goex to someone more dedicated to the black powder market will be good for the black powder shooting sports as well as Estes themselves and their rocketry products.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline Ranch 13

• Top Active Citizen
    • Historic Shooting.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2022, 10:51:00 PM »
 One of the Estes things I read, said they used both Goex and Olde Eynsford in their rocket engines, and that they fully expected to continue right on. Heck who knows if they got all the recipes that had amassed over the years, they might even bring out something new that is better... Time will tell.
Eat more beef the west wasn't won on a salad.

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 636
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2022, 11:31:58 PM »
Maybe, with their rocket engine background, they will bring back Rocket Balls and Uberti will make Volcanic rifles! That would be really cool!  OK, enough daydreaming... (It would be cool, though.)
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com