Author Topic: 1875 Uberti Remington Repair  (Read 2661 times)

Offline Doctor Bill

• Top Active Citizen
  • "You ever see a scientist draw a gun?"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
1875 Uberti Remington Repair
« on: March 05, 2006, 03:24:30 PM »
OK.  Long story short, I have just gotten my handguns back after moving to the People's Republik of New Yark and they have not been fired for a year.  Get the Remmies out to dry fire a little.  I think my eyes are fooling me when it looks like one of them fails to advance the cylinder.  A couple of cycles later, it happens again.  This time I know I saw it.  Pull cylinders out of both pistols and I notice that the one which is failing to cycle just barely pushes the hand out of the slot in the recoil shield.   ??? ??? ???

Well, I got tools and a clean patch on the workbench in the basement.  Just because I never took one of these apart before is no reason to not try it now.  :o

When I get it apart the top back point on the trigger has broken off - about the last 1/16 of an inch.  Also the spring on the back of the hand was nearly flat against the hand itself and the spring broke when I tried to hook it with my fingernail (well, that's DEFINITELY broken now >:( ).

I am planning on getting VTI to send me a new trigger, a new hand and spring and maybe the spring that sits under the triggergard and just in front of the trigger.  Has anyone seen this sort of thing happen before and is there a site on the internet with assembly - disassembly instructions for this pistol?  How much of this is going to require hours with the file, abrasive stone, and emery paper to get it to fit?

Thanks,

Dr. Bill
Remington Revolver Shooter
Warthog
League of the South
Alchemist and brewmeister extraordinaire

Offline Doctor Bill

• Top Active Citizen
  • "You ever see a scientist draw a gun?"
  • Liked:
Re: 1875 Uberti Remington Repair
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 08:06:53 PM »
Got it fixed.

VTI gunparts and their recommended book on Guns of the old west.

Parts showed up in two days and it only took one evening to make everything fit.  Now, if I can get a day on the weekend to go to the range . . .

Dr. Bill
Remington Revolver Shooter
Warthog
League of the South
Alchemist and brewmeister extraordinaire

Offline law dawg

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 10:30:44 PM »
They have ranges in New York? ???

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:38:50 PM »

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 08:35:35 PM »
Why Yes Lawdawg We do, as a matter of fact Doc Bill is pretty close to The Best CAS range in NY, Home of Heluva Rucus, the SASS State championship match.

Howdy Doc Bill, Glad to see you got your pistol fixed. Hope to see you at the next Circle K shoot on April 23rd
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com