Author Topic: Netflix: Justice and Badlands  (Read 1034 times)

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
Netflix: Justice and Badlands
« on: September 22, 2021, 02:45:09 PM »
Justice:  Low, low, low, low, low budget.  About a US marshal avenging his murdered brother who was a preacher.

Plot thin (like maybe original story was actually a comic book), and the guns....well in one scene the hero has a pot-metal replica SAA on the table later is using a brass frame 1860, and then has a pair of nickel plated SAAs or Vaqueros....  The ending, well lets say I laughed my a$$ off it was so improbable. On a ten scale, a 3-ish +or -.

Badlands:  Better, definitely higher budget. Historically a bit better, though some of the guns are too early for the 1869/1870 time frame.  About a Pinkerton Detective hunting Confederate war criminals.  Bruce Dern (a reformed bad guy) is excellent as always.  Story line is decent, acting is better than the stilted acting in Justice, and characters believable.  Enjoyed it thoroughly On a ten scale, I'd say a 6.5 to 7 as far as entertaining.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com