Author Topic: Midway sale... get 'em while they're hot!  (Read 1829 times)

Offline Stophel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Midway sale... get 'em while they're hot!
« on: July 01, 2019, 09:25:49 PM »
I just stumbled upon a rather substantial discount sale on most Uberti pistols at Midway!  I don't know how long it will last..... so I broke down and went ahead and ordered a London Navy for the princely sum of $299 + tax (and free shipping).  I couldn't pass that up!

https://www.midwayusa.com/black-powder-pistols-and-revolvers/br?cid=23204
The quickest reload is a second gun!

www.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Fatdutchman/Flintlocks                                                                                       
Ich bin der Weg, und die Wahrheit, und das Leben, niemand kommt zur Vater denn durch mich.  Johannes 14:6

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1118
Re: Midway sale... get 'em while they're hot!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 01:13:14 AM »
Well done Stophel!

Don?t forget to perform the Uberti Arbor Fix

Yhs
Prof Marvel
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 02:12:15 PM »
Got their last Pocket Navy.
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:00:32 AM »

Offline Stophel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 01:39:20 PM »
Got my new pistol today.  It's very nicely done.  Timing seems to be excellent (which is the biggest thing I was worried about).  Fit and finish are very nice.  There is a deep crown at the muzzle, and though I understand why they put it there, it looks wierd to me, since originals have no crown at all.  Though Piettas are pretty good looking guns now, the Uberti still looks more like a "real gun" to me, if that makes any sense.

Now, if only that two-fingered Navy handle wasn't so stinkin' short.... I'll have to rectify that...

Ich bin der Weg, und die Wahrheit, und das Leben, niemand kommt zur Vater denn durch mich.  Johannes 14:6

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 03:39:25 PM »
Took the Pocket Navy out to the farm today,  20 grains FFFg and a .375 ball seems to shoot to the sights at 10 yards or so.  Well timed, ok trigger, first time I've seen that deep crown on a CnB, proof mark dates it to this year.  To my surprise the arbor hole seems just right.  Dumb luck I suspect, but I'll take it.  An ideal companion to my 51 Navy Squareback (Pietta)  GAF match skirmish runs seem to use 5-7 handgun rounds on average, and we can carry two Cap and Ball revolvers.  I'm taking this pair to Colorado for a regional next month.

And kudos to Uberti for putting all their marking under the rammer.  When did they start doing that?  (yeah, it's been 10 years or so since I've bought a percussion revolver)
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline Stophel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 09:12:45 PM »
Yeah, mine has no offending marks on the normally-visible surfaces of the barrel.  Just a proof mark on the right side, and "LONDON" on the top.  The "Black powder only...etc" mark is only on the underside of the barrel.

I haven't even taken mine apart yet!  Which is very unusual for me!  I've been fondling it all afternoon!  :D  I'll check the base pin/barrel fit here shortly.  At least that is easily enough remedied with some washers of suitable thickness (just remember they're there and don't let them fall out when you take the gun apart!).

A few years ago, I ordered an 1860 "civilian" model from Cimmaron. I don't remember what all was wrong with it, but it just was not right at all.  The loading rod was spaced out too far from the barrel, I remember, and something else too.  I had to send it back, and the guy there agreed it just wasn't right, but they didn't have another one to send me.  This Uberti is much nicer indeed.  I'm pretty impressed with it so far.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com