Author Topic: Interesting Request by an Attendee of GAF 2006 Muster on Stage Design.  (Read 1775 times)

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
Kayleen or Match Director; Stage Writers,

A fellow GAF member contacted me asking if there will be any stages designed to be shot from inside the roofed-over stages at Ackley again at this year's Muster, either the Cantina stage closest to the train trestle on the left of the line or the Fort?

Seems that the concussion and noise was problematic for him and would like to know whether, all things being equal (i.e. the distance to target being the same), he could be allowed to complete any such stages from the side of that stage. (And yes, he had been using both foam plugs in the ear canal and muff-style protectors. Still painful.)

At last report the Fort was off limits for structural safety concerns, so maybe there is only one stage where this might apply.
I let him know the three stages I wrote are not inside a structure, and that I would put the word out as a heads-up to the other stage writers. I said that I felt that the powers that be would accomodate any shooter if they had health or physical restrictions.

While I have been to Ackley Prairie Fire Range many times, I do not remember if there are any other stages besides the two I mentioned that are designed to be shot from enclosed, roofed-over structures.

I'm sure that the gentleman would appreciate any consideration and know that he is NOT looking for any advantages, just the desire to participate pain-free.

Your thoughts and suggestions?

RCJ 

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
BTT
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Kayleen

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
John and all,
  The roofed area you speak about was gently taken care of by the ice storm and snow. It has collapsed. Yes there are 2 other stages that have a roofed area, if proper hearing protection is used there should never be a problem.
 This was brought to my attention last year.
We can use the bottom part of the Fort with no problems. The major problem with it is that the steps need to be replaced. With some help from the the Social Club they may get fixed and fire wood cut.
  Everyone has to remember that we can use the entire pasture for what ever shooting and stages that we come up with.
With 120+ acres we can have one heck of a shoot.
Kayleen

Advertising

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com