Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Colt Firearms

Two 3rd Gens. I picked up recently

(1/2) > >>

Black River Bill:
3rd Gen. .45 Colt, Factory Engraved.  Grips do not fit well at all, so are more than likely not original to the gun.

3rd Gen. .45 Colt

DeaconKC:
Congrats! Those are beauties!

Black River Bill:
My last name is Graf. I just learned from Colt that the engraved SAA was shipped to Graf & Sons in Missouri, March 1979.  Stocks not listed on invoice.  Will learn more about the engraving when I get the letter.  I think it is pretty cool.  I am not related to Graf & Sons.

Advertising:

Abilene:
Was it a commemorative?  Don't see too many with unfluted cylinders.   Grips look like real ivory from what I can see?  And I'm sure the letter will tell you how many carats the diamond is in the screw hole.   ;D

Pretty cool about the name thing.  And you could easily call Grafs and ask them about it.

Black River Bill:

--- Quote from: Abilene on March 10, 2021, 06:42:13 PM ---Was it a commemorative?  Don't see too many with unfluted cylinders.   Grips look like real ivory from what I can see?  And I'm sure the letter will tell you how many carats the diamond is in the screw hole.   ;D

Pretty cool about the name thing.  And you could easily call Grafs and ask them about it.

--- End quote ---

Don't know if it was commemorative or not.  The grips are not original to the gun, due to the ill fitting, but they are Ivory.  Probably a fake diamond in the screw hole. ::)
Already emailed Graf & Sons to see if they can shed more light on the gun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version