• My alter-ego
  • Very Active Citizen
  • JB's vengeful brother
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
Howdy!
« on: April 20, 2020, 05:46:41 PM »
Hey y'all!
      I tried to write an intro for myself with a couple pics, and got the Clean talk: ***forbidden*** line? What gives? Anyway, howdy y'all! I think reenacting looks like a lot of fun. Especially with black powder cartridges. I already have a couple percussion lock rifles. Even collected up some 19th century western cloths and such.
Never take life too seriously...there's always somebody else that will!

Offline Marshal Halloway

• Editor & Webmaster of Cas City.
  • City Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Don't squat with your spurs on. Have fun shootin'.
    • Cas City
  • SASS #: R3411
  • NCOWS #: HL-179
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
Re: Howdy!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 06:11:23 PM »

Welcome to our forum.

PM me with any issues you might have, ref your *** forbidden *** alert.
Editor & Webmaster of CAScity.com
Director - Digital Video Division - Outdoor Sportsman Group (OSG).
Digital Video Production & Post Production OSG
Owner of Down Range Media GP

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 07:43:09 PM »
Howdy back to ya 'unionrdr"! Welcome to CAS forum. A lot of interesting information on all of the different sites and pages on the forum. Use the search function to find what interests ya or just start reading the back pages on whatever section you're intested in. I've been hanging around here for around 10 years and still go back and read posts that were posted before I joined and reread others. Don't be timid asking questions. ;D  A lot of friendly members and a few old coots here!!!! ;D ;D ;D
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:43:00 AM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 07:20:17 AM »
Welcome, pard.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline DB Books

• My alter-ego
  • Very Active Citizen
  • JB's vengeful brother
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 07:41:49 AM »
I recon old coots includes me?  ;) I just had my " Beatles Birthday" March 31st. (When I'm 64)  Interesting forum name. I drank in the Longbranch Saloon on the Dodge city front street back in '74. Even saw a Nickle flicker show or two in the small back room off the end of the bar. Funny how those were risque back in the 19th century? I just don't understand why sites sell SAA's in .45lc with only 4 3/4" barrels, but .357 in 5 1/2"? I prefer the 5 1/2" barrel.

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1181
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 08:35:16 AM »
Like I said, you aren't looking hard enough.  All calibers come in all barrel lengths.

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 10:42:48 AM »
Like I said, you aren't looking hard enough.  All calibers come in all barrel lengths.

Abilene is right. I haven't been looking to buy any Colt style SA in any caliber, but see them on various sights. The COVID deal probably has shaken the availability of ones from Italy, but I'd be surprised if there isn't a lot in the US pipeline. Some gun shop in your area has to have some thing they can get for you in the caliber/barrel length you want. I like the 7.5-8" barrels myself, but do have some in 5.5". You might have to bite the bullet and pay extra for shipping and transfer fee, part of the game, but sometimes necessary to get what you want. Good Luck!
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline DB Books

• My alter-ego
  • Very Active Citizen
  • JB's vengeful brother
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 10:54:22 AM »
thanks! I did a bit more searchin' and Cimarron looks good. Expensive though. maybe try gun sale sites and see what's available used.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com