CAS TOPICS > 1911 & Wild Bunch Shooting

New Ted Blocker rig

(1/3) > >>

Abilene:
I had just been using my Mernickle CAS rig for Wild Bunch.  The 1911 fits fine in the SAA holster.  About a year ago I finally got some mag pouches for it.  Local guy Mad Dog McCoy made me pouches with the same border stamp as the Mernickle rig.  Looked good, worked fine.  But then a couple weeks ago another local was selling some stuff, including this Ted Blocker rig in excellent shape.  The mag pouches have steel spring retainers that work really slick.  Retail cost is $395 plus the 6-loop shotshell slide.  The guy wanted $75 for it.  Done Deal!!  Very reminiscent of the deal on my Mernickle rig which I bought used 20 years ago for...yep, $75 !

Major 2:
$75 bucks ?   75  :o  you bandit !  you stole it  :D
Is that a nickel Cimarron ?

I have the polished blued version  ;)

Abilene:
Yes it is.  And as soon as the next batch of polished guns gets back from Ford, I will have one of those as well.  :)

Advertising:

Major 2:
Ford of Fla. does the Polish on the blue guns ?

Abilene:
At first, Ford did the high polish and the nickle plating.  Then Armscor started doing both, so the prices of those guns went down.  The quality was "nearly" as good as Ford.  It was that way for a few years but then (I'm not sure when) Cimarron went back to having Ford do them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version