Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Cosie's Corner & Feed Bag

Barbacoa de cabeza de vaca (PC)

(1/4) > >>

Capt. Hamp Cox:
Better not print this one - may be women, children or weak stomach cowboys reading  :-\.

Joyce (AnnieLee):
Oh, with that kind of teaser, I had to Google that!

At first I just looked for "cabeza de vaca" and got a bunch of sites talking about one of the first Spanish explorers in the land that came to be Texass. So I searched for the entire "Barbacoa de cabeza de vaca."

Barbequed cows head.

AnnieLee

Capt. Hamp Cox:

--- Quote from: AnnieLee on July 31, 2005, 10:38:58 PM ---Oh, with that kind of teaser, I had to Google that!

At first I just looked for "cabeza de vaca" and got a bunch of sites talking about one of the first Spanish explorers in the land that came to be Texass. So I searched for the entire "Barbacoa de cabeza de vaca."

Barbequed cows head.

AnnieLee

--- End quote ---

Folks have preconceived notions about things.  It just sounds bad, but actually tastes pretty good.  Pretty much of a hassle to prepare it the old fashioned way (buried in ground with hot coals, etc), but can be prepared in an oven if you're not a traditionalist.  If you are traveling through South Texas through small towns, you'll find small grocery stores and ice houses (mom & pop convenience stores) selling this on weekends.  They'll have an electric roaster outside and sell it to you by the pound wrapped in foil, or by the  piece wrapped in a tortilla.  Sposed to be good for a hangover, but I don't believe that, 'cause my belly's still hangin'over my belt buckle.  ::)

Advertising:

Joyce (AnnieLee):
I fully admit my bias against eating cow's head is preventing me from doing so. I've eaten snails, I've had blood pudding, I like liver. But... nope, that mental image of eating a cow's nose, brains, and the gunk from its sinuses... sorry.. no can do.

With the shudders,

;)

AnnieLee

Capt. Hamp Cox:

--- Quote from: AnnieLee on July 31, 2005, 11:33:14 PM ---I fully admit my bias against eating cow's head is preventing me from doing so. I've eaten snails, I've had blood pudding, I like liver. But... nope, that mental image of eating a cow's nose, brains, and the gunk from its sinuses... sorry.. no can do.

With the shudders,

;)

AnnieLee

--- End quote ---

They remove the eyes, ears, tongue and skin, and it is really cleaned out.  You probably eat the same thing in processed lunch meats and just don't know it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version