Author Topic: Tiz June, summer is here and Coffee's up  (Read 50251 times)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Re: Tiz June, summer is here and Coffee's up
« Reply #240 on: June 28, 2018, 05:44:40 PM »
TK that is what chickens do best. :) But come dark they’ll want back at the roost. Mine have a acre of good fence to keep the evil from getting them. They like the other 9 acres. At dark they are waiting for one of us to open the gate.  Ducks on the other hand are not that smart.
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #241 on: June 28, 2018, 06:57:04 PM »
TK that is what chickens do best. :) But come dark they’ll want back at the roost. Mine have a acre of good fence to keep the evil from getting them. They like the other 9 acres. At dark they are waiting for one of us to open the gate.  Ducks on the other hand are not that smart.

Nobody ever accused poultry of being genius.  I'd like to just let the boys into the yard, but since we live in a neighborhood that would result in a lot of disappearing chickens.  Too many dogs, cars, motorcycles and skunks.
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #242 on: June 29, 2018, 12:36:38 AM »
What is Tripoid?

I still have seeds for those heirloom (old timers ) softball size  watermelons. They are sweet but don’t fit the bill today.  Yhey don’t grow well here for some reason. Maybe too high of ph in soil. I don’t know. These seedless ones have seeds.

They mess up the DNA to get rid of the seeds taking the flavor with it.

Don't know nothing about hair-loom seeds, do know about older cultivars. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #243 on: Today at 12:02:36 PM »

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #243 on: June 29, 2018, 06:07:58 AM »
Old cultivated coffee is ready for Del- got fresh pot for the rest of yous.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #244 on: June 29, 2018, 08:53:26 AM »
high of 86 today course that includes 100% chance of precipitation... 84 for tomorrow and 50% rain  - 70% for Sunday.

BBQ'n' Ribs now for the crew , kind of pre-4th of July thank you feed.... we are only open Monday & Tues next week  :D

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #245 on: June 29, 2018, 09:01:08 AM »
Cheese steak on biscuits for lunch, meat loaf and fried cabbage by request for supper.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #246 on: June 29, 2018, 09:50:04 AM »
Old 3 toed cultivators having some hybrid coolant... with seeds :o
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #247 on: June 29, 2018, 02:03:59 PM »
Afternoon all.

Cooler weather today.  Currently 75, forecast for 85.  Have a high pressure system over us right now.  Keeping the wind and temperature down, though humidity is pretty high- around 40%.

Had a fire pop up last night around 6:30.  It's not threatening anything, but the column of she is visible from town, so our usual suspects are going nuts about it.    One person in my neighborhood evacuated to the coast, despite the fact that this fire is 20 miles east, across two bends in the river and the highway, and the wind is blowing the opposite direction.  Whatever guy, you do what you want.
Current fire size is 350 acres, with six helicopters and two fixed wing tankers.  I live in the flight path between the airport and the fire, so that makes things noisy.  As an aviation guy, I don't mind.

Have sourdough rising right now, and a coffee cake on the oven, so I'll let you know how that goes.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #248 on: June 29, 2018, 10:45:52 PM »
Evening Y'all, getting some summer temp this weekend, calling for high 90's into triple digits by Sunday, Of course I have a shoot on Sunday that I really need to go to, There's a 3 day shoot in Pa the following week and I need the practice. Y'all stay cool and dry if possible.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Smoke Wagon Leather Works
  • Liked:
What a fight this morning!
« Reply #249 on: June 30, 2018, 01:05:05 PM »
Was in town getting water, ice, and gas. Decided to go into the toy store, since there was a crowd at the ice machine. I figured I would be safe, since I had no money to spend... but then I saw a Ruger SBH 44 in the case. $400. I ended up trading my Uberti 357, shoulder rig, and a box of ammo, plus $150 in cash, which I got by taking a loan on my Savage 22 rifle. The wife isn't sure about this deal, she says "You love your 357." I said "Yeah... but it ain't a Ruger."

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #250 on: June 30, 2018, 03:32:17 PM »
Afternoon all.

95 and dry heat today.  Forecast for 100, I say we're close enough.

I'm tired today.  My friend who works for county road department got put on road closure duty last night for the fire, working a 17:30-05:30 shift.  I went out there with some Sprite and snacks and planned on spending an hour or two with him.  Seven hours later, my cell phone died and I figured that was probably my cue to go home.  Mother's love it when you come home at 3am after not answering 35 text messages and eight phone calls.  But I survived the chewing out, so I guess all is well.

I just got home from the vet's office with the dog.  She has a infected cut on her foot, so we got that checked out.  Doc gave us some antibiotics and a cream and sent us on our way.

--TK

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #251 on: July 01, 2018, 06:21:02 PM »
The first half is nearly done
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com