Author Topic: NEW PROJECT !!!!  (Read 1682 times)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
NEW PROJECT !!!!
« on: April 28, 2019, 11:39:38 AM »

Yepper!!  I are gonna be at it again.
I have had an itch ..... for literally years.  Wanted to put together a pair of Cartridge Conversions, built on Pietta 1860s.  Since I'm now really and truly RETIRED, I finally have the time and have saved up the Dinero to finance the project (not cheap).

I have ordered and have on the way a pair of Kirst Konverter "sets" that mime the conversion used by Tom Selleck in "Saber River."  Since I am going to use a pair of Pietta Laser Engraved 1860s, the engraving of the Kirst parts will fit right in.  Should wind up with the equivalent of a pair of Richards Type II conversions, only the correct size.  Except of course, the barrels will be some shorter  ;D

Stay Tuna

Offline greyhawk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
Re: NEW PROJECT !!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 04:57:32 PM »
Yepper!!  I are gonna be at it again.
I have had an itch ..... for literally years.  Wanted to put together a pair of Cartridge Conversions, built on Pietta 1860s.  Since I'm now really and truly RETIRED, I finally have the time and have saved up the Dinero to finance the project (not cheap).

I have ordered and have on the way a pair of Kirst Konverter "sets" that mime the conversion used by Tom Selleck in "Saber River."  Since I am going to use a pair of Pietta Laser Engraved 1860s, the engraving of the Kirst parts will fit right in.  Should wind up with the equivalent of a pair of Richards Type II conversions, only the correct size.  Except of course, the barrels will be some shorter  ;D

Stay Tuna

We is waitin for da pictures!
Could ya pleeeese do some pics before ya commit murder wif da hacksaw
( muttered in da background ... someone should take the dang hacksaw off him! )

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 06:18:07 AM »
On Lord help all those little muzzles when they hit the floor  ;D. Always did enjoy a good conversion 1860, had my first done by John Gren back before they became fashionable. Can't wait to see the finished result, should be glorious. ;D

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:07:49 PM »

Offline Navy Six

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 26385
  • NCOWS #: 1410
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 10:45:52 AM »
Lookin good, Coffinmaker! I am retired and also have the same itch. Amazing what can be done with these Open Tops. I just finished a Kirst/Pietta  .44/1851. Everything was pretty straight forward. Have done some of the usual stuff so I put a 12" barrel on that one for something different.
Only Blackpowder Is Interesting 
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun." Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 09:00:00 PM »
so I put a 12" barrel on that one for something different.

Since you like to "go long" on your conversions, maybe you could make a deal with Coffinmaker for all the cut off muzzles he must have laying around. Line 'em up and weld 'em together!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com