Author Topic: GAF MINI-MUSTER - SUNDAY, JULY 23, TOPEKA, KANSAS!!  (Read 12801 times)

Offline Quick Fire

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: GAF MINI-MUSTER - SUNDAY, JULY 23, TOPEKA, KANSAS!!
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2006, 12:58:09 PM »
I'll be there  and maybe I'll bring the Lone Gunman
QuickFire                                 Lt. Colonel, Division of Nebraska                                                                                                                                                                          GRAND ARMY of the FRONTIER                                                         
NCOWS 1717

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2006, 07:15:58 PM »
I would like to go but I am going to try to make our monthly shoot at Logan, Ia. Things have kept me away from two of the shoots this year and I want to see people and catch up on news and the like, and throw some lead downrange.

I am looking forward to the GAF Muster in October. Guess I'd better get my application in soon, huh? :D
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2006, 09:06:27 PM »
  There should be at least 4 KVC shooters all shooting BP of course. any Neb. or Ia. folks comming?         jt
  OH! almost forgot ,Major Matt will probably be there , Surely he will be shooting BP also!?!

Now John I am hurt...that you did not immediately consider me a KVC shooter.... :)

Blackpowder and I have not had the opportunity to get aquainted yet, but I do want to play with Cap & Ball some, maybe over the winter....
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 02:38:33 AM »

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2006, 09:28:09 AM »

Matt, sorry for the oversite, I also forgot Dave S . who may be comming. Why not shoot C&B this weekend . I'm going to , and could give assistance and/ or moral support. The only way is to jump right in. This is a short match and the weather looks perfect for front stuffin' revolvers.

jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline Grizzle Bear

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2006, 10:08:27 AM »
Well, I was planning on bringing the Spencer.......

The thought of shooting that and a percussion revolver is interesting.

Let me see.....1860 Colt, Walker, Starr.....

And a 1911A1 besides?

This is going to be fun!

Grizzle Bear

Rob Brannon
General troublemaker and instigator
NCOWS Senator
NCOWS #357
http://www.ncows.org/KVC.htm
"I hereby swear and attest that I am willing to fight four wild Comanches at arm's length with the ammunition I am shooting in today's match."

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2006, 10:06:44 PM »
Trap...I don't know that it will be a short match actually.  We usually have 30 to 40 shooters every month and I expect there will be atleast that many shooters on Sunday.  Our regular match has about the same round count without the reloading and we get done by 2:00.  We won't have the shotgun and related loading so maybe it will end up about the same time.  Follow that with the wild bunch team shoot and it might be 3:00.  Safety meeting starts at 9:30 - it'll be a good day worth of shooting anyway! By the way, we don't break for lunch so bring your picnic lunch and eat when ever you feel the need.

We're all really excited that you all will be joining us at the range for the GAF Mini Muster and we'll do our best not to disappoint and show you a good time!  There will be a bit more SASSy look to the range than the GAF Muster since Capital City Cowboys is a SASS club. Unfortunately, we don't have a cool fort with buildings like KVC!  Most of our folks do a pretty good with their attire though and they're all a good bunch of people!

A six-shooter makes men and women equal.  - Agnes Morley Cleaveland (1818-1889)

I should like a little fun now and then.  Life is altogether too sober.  - Elizabeth Blackwell (1821-1910)

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2006, 10:20:05 PM »
ALSO...OPEN INVITATION TO ANYONE SPENDING THE NIGHT IN TOPEKA OR THAT WILL BE IN TOPEKA SATURDAY EVENING BEFORE THE GAF MINI-MUSTER -

Want to meet for dinner?  There are a lot of restaurants near the hotels on Wanamaker.  We could meet for steaks and drinks and social time?  Anyone interested?

I should like a little fun now and then.  Life is altogether too sober.  - Elizabeth Blackwell (1821-1910)

Offline Pvt Hoover

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2006, 08:37:03 AM »
Hey Chantilly,
When and where. We are leaving Hutch at 4 or so, ETA 7pm.  We got a bed at the Quaility Inn. Supper sounds great.
Let me know
Pvt Hoover

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2006, 05:04:10 PM »

Chantilly ,   By short match I meant only 6 stages. Many on the posse is a good thing , Plenty of time to load cylinders.         jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2006, 08:11:56 AM »
AGGHH!
I didn't think I was going to be able to make it so haven't been following this thread. Then yesterday I realized that I might be able to make it next weekend Got on here to get the details and realized it's tomorrow :'( :'( :'( :'(
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Offline Pvt Hoover

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2006, 08:50:35 AM »
Colonel,
"Adapt, Improvise and Overcome"  My favorite movie line. 

Chantilly,
Will the plan work?

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2006, 08:56:54 AM »
Pitspitr -
We will miss having you at the shoot!  I'll get pictures to post so you will see what you missed!   ;)

Looks like we are going to have a good turnout and this could be something our club will want to do every year for one of our monthly shoots! 

Chantilly

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com