Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The Winchester Model 1876

Loading Data for the 50/95WCF

<< < (48/60) > >>

ndnchf:
I've never even heard of that ammunition. Is it black powder or smokeless? If smokeless, it is likely a very mild load.

King Medallion:
I had to change my front sight to a higher one, a Marble 41w I believe it was. I really don't like Uberti front sights.

DrummerBoy:
Thanks ndn and King!
I also got some Steinel in 45-60 with a 300 grain projo.. 1380 gos on the box…

Advertising:

SiringoMN:

--- Quote from: DrummerBoy on March 16, 2023, 01:36:51 PM ---Gents, et al,
If y’all don’t mind I’d like to reenergize this series somewhat.
I don’t have enough equipment to reload just yet, so I got some Steinel ammo from Cimarron in 50-95…350 grain cast projo, but that’s all the data…expensive.
I shot up a box last week with my Presidio. I have a little bitty Caldwell barrel brace and a t-shirt, shooting at 50 yards…I should have gone to Cabelas and got a limb saver before going to the range…..shame.(couple weeks before I shot without the muzzle brace…worthless for really assessing accuracy)..i might be repeating some things here but what I want to get to is that despite my worst efforts this rifle and this ammo CAN BE AC-CU-RATE!! Shoots rather high at 50 so the combination must be regulated at 100.
Has anyone shot this Steinel 50-95 over a cronograph??
This is a really good rifle/ammo combination!

--- End quote ---
I have purchased several boxes primarily for the brass. This ammo is specifically made for Cimmeron rifles. Its loaded with 350 grain hardcast bullets (from Montana bullets). If i recall they are sized to 0.509 inches. The powder is Trailboss. 18 grains.  I would suggest you slug your bore, so when you start loading you can get the proper diameter.

King Medallion:
.509? Wow, that would not be good for my Presidio. Mine slugged out at .513, I cast at .515. Most definitely you'd need to slug your bore.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version