Author Topic: Lost a Warrior, Comrade-in-Arms, Brother, and Friend  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Top Kick Ken

• Top Active Citizen
  • Oscar S. Johnson, GAR, My Great Grandfather.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Lost a Warrior, Comrade-in-Arms, Brother, and Friend
« on: September 06, 2008, 01:43:36 AM »
On Sunday, I lost a good friend TSgt Jesse Dailey, USAF, Retired. His death strikes me very hard as he always seemed so tough and full of life.  I didn’t think anything could or would take Jesse down.  He stood beside me through some of the most difficult real world and training situations, I have ever faced.  With Jesse by your side, you knew it would turn out all right and we would go home at the end of our shift.

He proudly served in the Security Forces career field for 20 years.  He provided superior Law Enforcement, Security and Air Base Defense expertise his entire career.  When I met Jesse I knew almost immediately that he was a very unique and capable airman.  What I didn’t know then was that it would lead to a professional association and friendship that lasted over 19 years.  His friendship transcended the normal boundaries of NCO and Airman and SNCO and NCO.  I was fortunate to be able to watch and help guide his development from Airman to NCO.  We served together at three different assignments and we shared the same Date of Rank at one time (E-6 and E-5).  He had awesome tactical skills, a can-do attitude, and a great sense of humor.  He was the most loyal of NCO's.  If you were headed into a hot LZ or hostile situation, Jesse was the one guy you wanted with you.   If you were to name a hotspot in recent times, Jesse served there, from Kosovo, Bosnia, to Iraq.  I could always count on Jesse to complete the mission and bring his troops home safely.  He was my brother and my friend.  My heart aches with loss but rejoices that I was able to share life with such a good friend.

Vaya con Dios, Mi Amigo, we will ride together again someday.
Respectfully Submitted,

Top Kick Ken
Sergeant Major, Department of the Pacific
Grand Army of the Frontier

GAF #71
BOLD #943
SASS #47880L

Offline Frenchie

• "We have met the enemy, and he is us." - Pogo
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Photo by Julio Zangroniz @ "September Storm", 2007
  • Liked:
Re: Lost a Warrior, Comrade-in-Arms, Brother, and Friend
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 10:13:17 AM »
Ken, when you think of him, don't do it in sadness. Call forth his memory in laughter. My wife lost her sister ten years ago and has been going through a hard time, but she's also met a couple of people who've given her good advice, like what I said there. As I don't believe in coincidences, I'm not surprised she met those people either.
Yours, &c.,

Guy 'Frenchie' LaFrance
Vous pouvez voir par mes vêtements que je ne suis pas un cowboy.

Offline Top Kick Ken

• Top Active Citizen
  • Oscar S. Johnson, GAR, My Great Grandfather.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 01:14:49 PM »
Thanks for the good advice.  I really appreciate it.

Top Kick Ken
Respectfully Submitted,

Top Kick Ken
Sergeant Major, Department of the Pacific
Grand Army of the Frontier

GAF #71
BOLD #943
SASS #47880L

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:31:52 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk