Author Topic: Kansas GRAND ARMY OF THE FRONTIER Championship Shoot March 24-25, Topeka, KS  (Read 20297 times)

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Pvt Hoover - Good idea except that we're thinking we'll be doing good to get everything in before dark-thirty.  Maybe we can plan to shoot a qualifying course next year and book a 2nd range.  I'll mark that down.
A six-shooter makes men and women equal.  - Agnes Morley Cleaveland (1818-1889)

I should like a little fun now and then.  Life is altogether too sober.  - Elizabeth Blackwell (1821-1910)

Offline Pvt Hoover

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
That will be fine.  I am just happy I had a good idea at O dark something this morning.... this time change change of the rules is going to be tough to git used to. 

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
Chantilly,

Are you figuring in Daylight Savings Time?  It started this morning at 2:00 am.  Looked at the clock on this here computer and it showed 1:59 and a minute later it was 3:00.  Right before my very eyes, almost :o ::) ;)  By Easter I should be nearly adjusted! DST is 3 weeks early from now on.  Guvermint! >:( ::) >:(
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Advertising

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Oh boo hiss on the time change thing from me also.  I wish they'd leave the time alone.  I have enough trouble getting places on time as it is and then they go and swipe an hour!  What's with that anyway!!     :-[ :-\ :P

I should like a little fun now and then.  Life is altogether too sober.  - Elizabeth Blackwell (1821-1910)

Offline Books OToole

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Michael Tatham
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 91
Some where I read a round count, but I can't find it now.  I seem to remember 90 for the pistol.

So can somebody post it again?

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
  I believe 60 pistol,  90 rifle,  Correct me if I'm wrong.   jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline Pvt Hoover

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Trap,
You are correct.  I just read my email notification.  Chantilly said a minimum of 60 pistol and 90 rifle, and bring plenty of extra for the side matches.

Later,
Pvt H

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Yep - you guys are good at tracking the rounds!  LOL  Bring extra!  Never good to be at a gunfight and run out of ammo.  Then again, if you're still standing after 150 rounds....

Offline Pvt Hoover

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Me thinks yer tryin to get our dander up. eh lass?  150 rounds would not even be a warm up. hehehe. 

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
The rain is holding off so far in this neck of the prairie.  No rain dances....please!

Plans are being finalized for a great Muster!  We're expecting about 45 troopers, scouts and cowpoke!  Looking forward to meeting up with those of you joining us for the Muster!  For those of you that can't make it, you'll just have to wait for the dispatches!   ;D

See ya at the range!

Offline Hill Beachy

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Harrrrrrumph!

And back to the top.
"But you know you can still smell the roses,
When you're running with them in your hand..."  -- Slim Dusty

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Mustang Gregg reporting in from Ft Flat Water, Nebraska. 
Damn, I wish I was there.  
It's 24 MAR & 1500 right now.  I'll bet you're just finishin' up.
Hope all is going well in Topeka!
I 'm on duty in the old Cav hanger here.
Respectfully,
MG

PS  Damn, I wish I was there. 
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Just a FYI....

WE ARE HAVING A BALL!  Done shooting for the day....the rain held off and hope it does for tomorrow.  My Spencer Carbine in .56-50 was a staged gun today.  Nothing but smiles.   ;D

The course of fire is challanging.  Don't THINK anybody is clean.  I know I have shot very poor today, but had a very good time.  Too Bad that more can't be there, but that just means more fun for those of us who are....
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Thank you Major for loaning the Spencer - yes, indeed....fun! fun! fun!   I wanted to shoot up the rest of the ammo with that weapon!! 

Rain is out of the forecast so the rest of the Muster should be in the clear!   Great fun in the main match - little difficulty scoring on one stage but otherwise there were lots of smiles. 

BTW, the side matches for pistol and rifle went very well.  We shot 7 targets with the rifle.  Targets overlapped a bit in a couple of places so you had to pay attention.  Load 7 and shoot the 7 targets again.  A missed target knocked you out.  Shooting clean - well, you survived the fight!  We used the timer to determine fastest clean shooter to take the win.  We had several people shoot it several times - great practice (only the 1st run counted).  The pistol side match involved knock down targets with a reload as well.  Not the traditional "dump as fast as you can" side matches and people really seemed to like something a bit different.  At least they kept coming back for more!  The only thing I'd add is survivor ribbons - so next year we'll have to add survivor ribbons for those side matches.

More tomorrow with some pictures!  We have 4 more stages to go! Thanks to all the shooters for so much fun and a lot of good laughs!!

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
 :'( :'( :'( The way it turned out I could have came down ther and not missed anything. They called the bus on the way to the track meet today and told me to turn it around as the meet was postponed because of rain. >:( :P :'( Oh well, at least I got to spend some time with my wife and daughter :)
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Offline Hill Beachy

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
It's 24 MAR & 1500 right now.  I'll bet you're just finishin' up.

Not hardly!

First we had to put stuff away.  Then we had to sit and socialize until dinner was ready.  Then we had to eat all that ham & beans and corn bread, and just when we thought we were done, there was more fresh corn bread (all this from Dutch ovens, incidentally).  Not to mention both peach cobbler AND chocolate cake with cherries.  All from dutch ovens.  Then some more socializing...

Heck, Major Wild just left here 20 minutes ago.  NOW we're finally finished up for the day.

p.s.  to Mustang Gregg:  Damnmit man; wish you were here   ;D
"But you know you can still smell the roses,
When you're running with them in your hand..."  -- Slim Dusty

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Hill Beachy - Good shoot'n with you and hope you can make it back to Topeka to shoot again soon!

Mustang Gregg and Pitspitr - Wish you could have made it and everyone else too!  I think we had your fun along with ours!  Great bunch of people to shoot with and some first class socializing!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE SHOOTERS THAT MADE THIS MUSTER SUCH A GREAT SUCCESS!! 

So who won? 

Side Match Winners:     Rifle - Colonel Diamond
                                 Pistol - Shoot'n Newton
                                 Team Match - Team 2-Simon N Garfunkel, Lilla Bit Wild, The Dispatcher, Warren Young

Iron Trooper                Colonel Diamond
Iron Maiden                  Chantilly

Civil War Veteran           1st Trap
Black Powder Duelist      1st Chain Blue, 2nd KC Colt, 3rd Jerry Barnes
Pistoleer                       1st Tame Bill
Black Powder Shootist    1st Cagey, 2nd AT Kettle, 3rd Deacon Stone
Ladies Shootiest            1st DeOne Stone, 2nd Kassidy Kate, 3rd Lilla Bit Wild
Duelist                          1st Coffin Bob, 2nd Major Matt Lewis, 3rd Simon N Garfunkel
Shootist                        1st Shoot'n Newton, 2nd TOP, 3rd Warren Young
Junior                           1st Dancing Jo
Senior Shootist              1st Noble Paladin, 2nd Tricky Dick, 3rd Old Sarge
Senior Duelist                1st EZ EZ, 2nd Col. J.J. VanHorn, 3rd J.D. Cook

A BIG THANK YOU to Major Matt Lewis for loaning the Spencer and Grizzle Bear for loading the rounds; and The Dispatcher for loaning the mule-earred shotgun and Mushy McNutt for loading those rounds!  BLACKPOWDER!!

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Color Guard -

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Kassidy Kate, Major Matt Lewis, Hill Beachy

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Major Matt Lewis demonstrates loading the Spencer (Sam, Chauncy Whitney and Simon N Garfunkel in uniform in the background)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com