Author Topic: Cimarron's new American model!  (Read 78052 times)

Offline U.S.M.R.

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cimarron's new American model!
« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2020, 07:07:52 AM »
As soon as they get the money order they will ship in a couple days Two Wright Arms Co. 
I believe they said they had 1 left.

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2020, 12:30:33 PM »
Ok, there were four in the picture, it was said a couple of folks got theirs on Facebook, Two Wright Arms sold one at auction, appears to be selling one to U.S.M.R. and has one up on another auction. Those sold or available sounds like five different revolvers, so it looks like there were more than was in the picture. Now we just need a shooters report, wonder if any were sent on to the gun writers.

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1181
« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2020, 02:01:12 PM »
I just got a peek at a current inventory, and they still show 10 8" .45's and one 5" .45 in stock, although they all are committed to backorders.

BTW, they are showing a blingy engraved nickled model on their Facebook page.

Advertising

« Reply #163 on: Today at 02:47:46 AM »

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: July 28, 2020, 03:37:23 PM »
Thanks, Abilene, I know the folks with the .45s will be glad to hear they got more than just the four we had seen. I'm just biding my time entertaining myself waiting on my 8" 44 Russian to show up. I realize the 44 Russians will probably be the last of them to show as the 45s and 44-40s will be the most popular among the competitive shooters and the ammo makers, but to me the 44 Russian just seemed to be right.

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #164 on: August 03, 2020, 07:33:56 PM »
....but to me the 44 Russian just seemed to be right.

As God intended it.  ;)

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #165 on: August 03, 2020, 07:53:55 PM »
Amen!
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2020, 10:13:19 AM »

:D  Pastafarians Unite!!!  The great Flying Spaghetti Monster also prefers a 44 Russian!!

Hide and Watch

Offline Black River Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2020, 10:26:51 AM »
Well I am not disagreeing with the last 4 posts but...

Mine will be a 44Spec but my intentions are to 'only' shoot 44Rus through it.  The option for the other 44 series, if desired, (probably not) will be there.  Just don't want to limit my options by buying the chambered 44Rus.
Black River Smith

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2020, 10:54:53 AM »
There is no "Russian-only" chambering.  They are making them in 45 Colt, 44 Rus/Colt/Spcl, and 44wcf. 

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2020, 02:33:01 PM »
Thanks Abilene that is good to know.  I thought somewhere early in this thread that it was mentioned that a 44Rus chamber and a 44Spcl were going to be created.

Good 8" blue in 44Spcl for me.
Black River Smith

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #170 on: August 04, 2020, 03:41:36 PM »

:D  The only time I remember Cimarron/Uberti really stepping on their ... Ahem ... doing something silly is when they did some Open Tops actually chambered for 44 Colt.  Should not chamber 44 Spl.  Most Open Tops are chambered for 44 Special and only "marked" 44 Colt.

I don't shoot Suppository guns much anymore.  When I did However, I had a severe LUST for a pair of 3 1/2 inch barrel Schofield, modified to to run Moon Clips with 45 ACP.  Since I couldn't shoot a Schofield worth beans, I gave that idea smooth up.  Every now and then thought, I still have that thought (it hurts to think sometimes).

Hide and Watch

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: August 04, 2020, 03:44:06 PM »
Kinda what I expected when I asked them for a 44 Russian, figured it would chamber everything up to 44 Special. Don't think the rims on the 44 Colt will work tho.

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #172 on: August 04, 2020, 05:24:22 PM »
 Don't be too sure.  I've got a Uberti #3 3rd Model Russian,  caliber marked "Cal. 44 S. & W. Russian"  and it will only chamber the Russian case.  I likes it.
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: August 04, 2020, 07:45:37 PM »
Righto!  Uberti does indeed chamber the Russian in .44 Russian (as they SHOULD!  :)  ) as well as .45 Colt.  I know where there are some nickled .44 Russian Russians in stock, if anyone is looking.

Offline U.S.M.R.

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: August 05, 2020, 11:11:14 AM »
I am now the proud owner of one of the newest Americans since 1959 when Smith &Wesson made one for Clint Walker.  It’s not an exact copy the most noticeable difference is the Schofield ejector release.  I won’t complain or nit-pick.  I’ve got one!

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: August 05, 2020, 11:20:32 AM »
Congrats, U.S.M.R., the rest of us are patiently (?) waiting. Let us know how she feels and shoots for you. So far yours would be the first shooting review. I know I can feel the difference between my original American and Schofield, didn't think it would be as noticeable as it is, so am curious how much of a difference there is between the replica American and Schofields.

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2020, 11:38:09 PM »
I am now the proud owner of one of the newest Americans since 1959 when Smith &Wesson made one for Clint Walker.  It’s not an exact copy the most noticeable difference is the Schofield ejector release.  I won’t complain or nit-pick.  I’ve got one!

We shall await your Nat Geo quality photos and measurements.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: August 06, 2020, 03:01:19 PM »
Well as Coffinmaker stated, I own one of those 1872 Open Top that is strictly a 44Colt chamber.  A crimped 44Spl will go in but when I tried an empty new - resized 44Spl casing a good portion of the base did not seat.  Therefore, I was not going to chance-it.  Then about 3 years later I ran into several people stating that their OT's were 44Spl marked.  Well darn.  Oh well I only shoot 44Rus's in it anyways.

My comment earlier was also based on the fact that the Cimarron newer 44 Russian revolvers were offered in only 44Rus chambers (and others).  So I just took comments of (in 44Rus) as knowledgeable fact.

Unlike some here I have not order yet.  Waiting to head to LGS and see what their distributor final prices will be.  If caring them.  If not will have to order direct from Cimarron.

Can't wait for someone's personal review.  As stated by USMR and Fox Creek Kid, I don't expect an exact reproduction but close.  Glad that Mike Harvey sent the first ones back because Uberti used a Schofield grip shape.  That would have been a real deal breaker for me.  If you are making a First model it should look like a First Model not a hybrid for production simplicity.
Black River Smith

Offline U.S.M.R.

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: August 07, 2020, 04:48:36 PM »
   New American weighs 2.72 lbs, my original weighs 2.60.  Not noticeably larger.  Shot it
today with mil. spec. .45 S&W at 15 yards.  A little high 2” to the left.  1 1/2 group, 2 two shot holes overlapping, the other two close by.  It wants to shoot.  I’m happy. The

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: August 08, 2020, 10:05:33 AM »
U.S.M.R., sounds like one to ride the river with, the folks at Cimarron have done very well. Can't wait for the 44s to arrive. How are the grips compared to your original? Are they close in size and feel?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com