Author Topic: .22 single action guns  (Read 30525 times)

Offline joec

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: .22 single action guns
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2012, 04:58:00 PM »
Mine is an all steel full size? made by a company called Tanfaglio, and get this, it is marked "made in Germany".
It came with an extra cylinder chambered for .22 Magnum. Nice gun. Probably 25-30 years old.

The Tanfaglio's have been around for a long time and located in Italy however they did so work on CZ pistols as well as the EAA Witness line as well as the RIA/Armscor lines of guns. I actually have a MAPP1 MS RIA gun they designed which looks identical to the EAA Witness P version with some slight modifications mostly to the the way the slide and magazine lock. At any rate any gun they build is a pleasure to shoot.

I had a Ruger Single Six for years that had the two cylinders however over the years one of my sons adopteded it and now I'm looking for something cheaper to shoot the one meet a year for 22 cal. guns so looking at Heritage for a 22 LR.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Offline Pony Racer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2012, 05:28:26 PM »
My daughter is enjoying her heritage rough rider with pink birdshead grips.

She has only put 100 rounds or so through but it is very accurate, at cowboy ranges, and working fine for us.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 363
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2012, 06:30:45 AM »
You can't go wrong with a Ruger but I prefer the Colt Peacemaker for shooting 22. The Colt just has the classic look and feel.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 08:02:54 AM »

Offline Uncle Hillbilly

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2012, 11:19:16 AM »
I have to disagree with the negative comments about the Heritage Arms Rough Rider.  I've put several thousand rounds through mine since I bought it 4 months ago and it still works great.  It's no Ruger, but show me a Ruger that you can buy brand new for $170!  It's not pretty, but does what it's supposed to do.  I've killed 2 raccoons and one possum with it, it's fun to shoot, my wife and daughters (who are deathly afraid of guns) love it.  It's economical to buy and shoot.  For a back yard plinker, it's a great choice.  I wouldn't use it in any competitions, but a fun workhorse that I'm not afraid to beat up.  Oh yeah, most importantly they're made entirely in the US and they have excellent customer service!

Silent Joe

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2012, 09:59:07 AM »
I've this Colt SAA .22 for as long, long time and it is my favorite for practise.

Offline Pony Racer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2012, 05:11:46 AM »
We have put snother hundred rounds or so the our Heritage and the pistola goes strong.

My daughter likes it and it's pink birdshead grip!

Based on price I could not be happier at this point.  I will continue to post our experience.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Offline Pony Racer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2012, 03:30:08 PM »
Heritage 22 got shot a bunch at last monthly and the BRR with no hiccups.

Course my 8yr old is no speed deamon and she does not handle the weapons with the vigor an adult does.

She also got a Henry Youth Model and loves it...before i knew it she was doing target strings...

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2012, 12:52:37 AM »
I like my double nine high standard but i digress it's a DA...Just have to get it sighted in..
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com