Author Topic: SUMMER RIFLE FROLIC -- WINNER! Dynamite Bill  (Read 13406 times)

Offline Caleb Hobbs

• Top Active Citizen
    • Western Author Michael Zimmer
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
SUMMER RIFLE FROLIC -- WINNER! Dynamite Bill
« on: June 19, 2012, 09:39:04 PM »
Postal Shoot -- Deadline is August 31, 2012.

Same basic rules as the Winter Frolic (included below), with one exception -- there must be at least five entries to make the match official. I'm judging, so I won't be competing. I've email my address to everyone before, but I'll do it again in a few days. Good luck!

Caleb

MATCH DETAILS:

-- Open to American Plainsmen Society members only.

-- This is a rifle-only match.

-- Black powder or black powder substitutes only.

-- Targets are three regular 8.5 X 11 inch sheets of paper. Draw an X through each sheet from corner to corner. The goal is to put five shots on each sheet of paper as close to the center as possible.

-- Distances are 100 yards, 50 yards, and 25 yards – five shots each for a total of 15 rounds. All shots are to be taken off-hand, and must be fired consecutively.

-- Scores will be measured from the center of the bullet hole to the center of the paper (the X), with the lowest aggregate (the combined measurements from all five holes) from each target counting as the winner. Overall winner will be the lowest number on all three targets.

-- Any target with a bullet hole not fully on the paper will automatically be placed below all targets with five rounds on the paper. (In other words, if you put four balls in a one inch group, but the fifth ball is completely off the paper or only partially on the paper, that target will score less than a target with all five rounds on the paper, no matter how scattered they are.)

-- The same rifle must be used on all three targets.

-- Approved long guns are: Any original or reproduction rifle/musket/trade gun originally produced after 1803 and prior to 1865.  For Metallic Cartridge Rifles, the 1860 Henry original or reproduction in any caliber .44 or larger. Spencer Rifles and Carbines, original or reproduction, original calibers only. NO 44-40, 45 S&W, 44 Russian, etc.

-- Traditional open sights only.

-- Disallowed firearms are: The so-called Hawken Rifles by TC, Dixie, CVA, Traditions, etc. unless they have been modified to be period correct. NO modern, in-line muzzle loaders.

-- The deadline to turn in your targets is August 31, which should give everyone plenty of time to get them shot and mailed. Targets postmarked after this date will be disqualified.

-- Your alias or web/screen name, plus the caliber of your rifle and the distance fired must be included on each target.

-- The ORIGINAL targets must be mailed in – I'll include an address in an email. Faxes or photocopied attachments won't be counted.

Offline Caleb Hobbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: SUMMER RIFLE FROLIC
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 12:05:48 PM »
I sent out an email a couple of weeks ago with my address for the targets. If you didn't get it, let me know. So far I've only received one set of targets.

Offline Dynamite Bill

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 07:37:23 PM »
were they mine ?
The main thing to remember,is not to get excited!

Advertising

Re: SUMMER RIFLE FROLIC -- WINNER! Dynamite Bill
« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:03:14 AM »

Offline Caleb Hobbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 11:03:42 PM »
Bill, they were, indeed. Pretty good groups, too. I haven't measured them yet, but I will after the 31st. Thanks for entering.

Offline Caleb Hobbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 11:31:16 PM »
Congratulations to Dynamite Bill, winner of the 2012 Summer Rifle Frolic. The competition might have been slim, but the targets were tight. Thanks for entering.

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 06:48:38 AM »
Coongrats Dynamite Bill.   I have not seen my rifle in a coon's age.   Summer went by and nary a shot fired.   :(

Still waiting to hear if I will be able to make the encampment.   Professor is leaking out details for the class at a snail's pace, driving me nuts.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com