Author Topic: Hell On Wheels Muster & Color Guard (How many has it been now?)  (Read 3552 times)

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Hell On Wheels Muster & Color Guard (How many has it been now?)
« on: February 08, 2006, 05:51:24 AM »
 :o  This is mainly directed to Trailrider, Wretched, Excess & Hardtack Henry:

If we are requested to do so, how wouldja react to 'nother HOW Color Guard?
An' (of course) yet another GAF Muster at Little America?  How many has it been since our FIRST one??

I would hope we would be invited again...Since we have done it for several years.  An' we were even photographed & put in the Cowboy Chronicle feature on the 2005 HOW.  Damn, we looked good, too!!!     8) 8)

Keep in contact, Troops!
Respectfully,
Mustang (Ltc TR wanna-be) Gregg

"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hell On Wheels Muster & Color Guard (How many has it been now?)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 12:11:28 AM »
Sir:

I have the honor to reply to yours of this morning, ultimo.  Uh, I think this is #3...  I've got our hotel reservations at Little America.  Gotta send in my match registration though.  Try to get at that tomorrow morning!

The only hitch that I can foresee (as opposed to the creek rising, etc.), might be if our younger daughter and son-in-law become parents a couple of weeks early.  It's their first.  (Our older daughter and her husband have our two grandsons.)

Let's see what we can do!

Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 05:23:03 AM »
Thank you for responding so quickly, Sir!

Muster:  I reckon we will get some troops of the Ft Davis detachment to muster with us.
The Little America area would do nicely yet again.  I will send info to MO Scotsman, Hardtack Henry, Wretched Excess, Cap'n Bacon, Terry Lane, Col Rider, and the others on my growing list.
Please ponder on which night we ought to meet.

Color Guard:  Will have more information at a later date.

Our Nebraska USV detachment will be camped at Ft Davis from 27 JUN until the hostilities are quelled.

Respectfully,
SFC Mustang Gregg
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Advertising

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 05:34:15 PM »
BTTF
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 07:13:42 AM »
GAF:
I just checked the old photos & muster notes.
Our first function was the FIRST GAF MUSTER held at Little America Cheyenne, WY (just outside of Ft Davis) in July 2002.  There we discussed the visions & possiblities of the GAF.  Gen Missouri Scotsman called the muster.
Then we had the first-ever GAF Color Guard to start of the hostilities of the 2002 Hell On Wheels SASS Regional.
Respectfully,
Mustang Gregg
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 09:49:56 PM »
Gregg,

I'm still planning (hoping) to be there, but not sure if I'll shoot or not.  As I explained in the previous post, I may want to be ready for a fast get-away, and may not want to drag all my gear.  Still have the hotel reservations.
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 04:49:47 PM »
BTTF
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Terry Lane

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 05:00:17 PM »
Lt. Col. Roosevelt,
I will be at your convenience. Take care.
Terry Lane, Nebraska Territory,
Nebraska's Official Hon. Col. Wm. F. "Buffalo Bill" Cody
Grand Army of the Frontier Department of the Missouri Chief of Scouts

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 11:37:49 PM »
Calamity & I may not be able to attend HOW this year (the main matches, anyhoo). 
We have a family conflict that may not be resolved by then.

But we will try our damnedest to be at the 5th GAF Muster & Color guard, though.
An' I do have the harness/sockets & flags arranged, if'n anyone could transport them to Cheyenne.

Col Sagebrush Burns, Commander of the Dept of the Platte, has graciously taken the reins to set up the Color guard.

Respectfully,
Bvt Lt Col Mustang Gregg,
Commanding, Division of Nebraska
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Sagebrush Burns

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 04:22:16 PM »
Gregg and I had a good conversation the other evening and we agreed that, in the interest of alignment of function and department, I should assume the command function for the HOW Color Guard.  Since I am the "new boy on the block" where this function is concerned, I ask that all who have been involved in past years and/or are planning to participate this year (2006) please get in touch with me - I'll be needing everybodys help.  Although I will be unable to participate in the match this year, I am planning on being in attendance for the opening ceremonies and the GAF muster.  I do have a few names (thanks Gregg) and I will be trying to get in touch with folks.  In the meantime I can be reached through this forum (I check every day) or by telephone at 970-824-8407, or by e-mail at:  akbullen2001@yahoo.com .  Many thanks, and looking forward to getting together with you all.  Sagebrush Burns, Department of the Platte, Commanding.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com