CAS TOPICS > The Leather Shop

Clicker Die Holster Blanks

(1/6) > >>

Grenadier:
I hate cutting out holsters more than anything in this hobby. Is there anyone selling authentic holster blanks?

Marshal Will Wingam:
I don't know anyone who sells holster blanks. Here's a holster making video that shows a great way to cut out a holster, or any other odd shaped leather item for that matter.

Just watch it from about 2:30 to 3:35. I do it much like he does and it makes cutting things out a heck of a lot easier than other methods. I use an X-Acto like he does and it takes all the effort out of it. Keep sharp blades in the knife. It makes a difference.

Rube Burrows:
You could always order your own clicker dies if you have a press.

I have thought about getting some dies made of the holsters I make the most of but they are expensive and I just haven't yet. I just cut them out like most people.

Advertising:

Marshal Will Wingam:
I never make enough of the same holster to justify going down the clicker route. When I finish one, I see things I want different on the next one(s).

Cliff Fendley:
Same here Marshal, about the only one was at one time I was making so many 7 1/2 inch SAA Cheyenne Meanea/Collins style holsters that I actually thought about getting a die since my leather supplier offered for me to use their press if I had any dies made. He said some Amish in our area would make the dies but I actually think I could make the dies myself just never bothered trying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version