Author Topic: 'Tis a Head Scratcher  (Read 918 times)

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
'Tis a Head Scratcher
« on: September 10, 2023, 07:33:50 PM »
"WOW"!!!!!! It's been almost two months this coming Sept 27th since a new post was posted here on 'The Darksiders Den'. And that was posted reference a July 2015 thread. Sure is quiet here and all over the CAS forum. This Darkside Den used to be one of the most popular and most posted section of the forum. What's really sad is that in the last year there haven't been enough postings on the Darkside to fill one page. The bottom of this page has July postings of 2022. The rest of the forum isn't much better. Miss checking this forum every day, sometimes twice. Anymore sometimes I'll go several days and check and nothing new. Hope the forum returns to its former days. CC
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1181
Re: 'Tis a Head Scratcher
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023, 09:59:54 PM »
Well CC, this isn't the only forum that has slowed down.  I guess people are dying off?  And there are less questions from BP newbies since so many of them are just using APP which is much more simple - they have less desire for "historical significance"  ;)

I'll probably be starting a new thread soon regarding a strange corrosion issue.

Offline Froogal

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3882
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 572
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2023, 08:03:24 AM »
I've been experimenting with some black powder loads for .45 Colt. Hopefully to come up with something that won't foul the rifle bore after just 10 rounds. Found a bullet mold that allows for MORE lube, but haven't shot any of those yet. Why procrastinate when I can put it off until tomorrow?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:29:42 PM »

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1181
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2023, 09:08:49 AM »
... Why procrastinate when I can put it off until tomorrow?

I like to say, why put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after tomorrow?

:)

Offline Roosterman

• Top Active Citizen
    • Muzzleloading guns
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2023, 09:14:08 AM »
I have shot close to 5lbs of black powder this year. Through every kind of old lever gun you can imagine. As much fun as a guy can have with his pants on. Sometimes I take my pants off too. :o
 I'm pretty sure I'm the only forum member here that isn't croaked or in a nursing home.

I must confess, I have been working with smokeless and schuetzen rifles for the past 3 weeks or so. That smokeless crap is sure hard to get cleaned out of barrels. Goes on with grey patches forever.

I do participate in a few Muzz loading forums, but these days they are mostly old men sitting in ladies' panties in front of a keyboard arguing about irrelevant stuff. Very few people go out and shoot anymore, they seem to sit and read about it and tell stories about the good old days and how great they were.
www.fowlingguns.com
Known to run with scissors from time to time
Citadel of Sin Social Club

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2023, 10:02:58 AM »

Ah Well Yes.  Tiz true.  I am one of those Old Farts that shoots APP.  Exactly because itz some easier and I am LAZY.  Plus I find APP to be FUN.  And SO much easier to get.  And it works so well in EVERYTHING I shoot.  Lemme see, I'm sure I can come up with a couple more superlatives > > > Stay Tuna   ;D

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2023, 12:21:19 PM »
We here in the central Arizona are hopefully ending one of the hottest summer seasons on record. My experience is black powder fouling gets worse and harder to remove in hot, dry conditions so I have only been out with my 45 Colt revolvers and 44 WCF rifles once (in June) since temperatures went above 110+ and stayed there for the whole month of July and most of August.

Oh, and I'm getting old too!
Dave

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2023, 01:03:23 PM »
Oh I don't know Abilene. I participate and view in a number of forums, some more that others and they all seem to be busy with alot of posts and participation, but thee Ol CAS forum has been "really slow" and dead. Sorry to see this, has been one of my favorites the last 15 years or so.
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Bunk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2023, 05:04:11 PM »
I am a combination of old and don't like 100 in the shade. I have been doing a little shooting with the the converted '51 Navy .36 Colt cartridge. It is fun to shoot, but i am getting low on bullets and they won't set up in the mould when I try to cast them.
Yes that hot in central Texas.
I know things are bigger in Texas but this is getting rediculious.
Staying cool
Old (very old)
Bunk

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 360
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2023, 08:07:08 PM »
I've been experimenting with some black powder loads for .45 Colt. Hopefully to come up with something that won't foul the rifle bore after just 10 rounds. Found a bullet mold that allows for MORE lube, but haven't shot any of those yet. Why procrastinate when I can put it off until tomorrow?

No real need to experiment, there are already proven bullet molds that allow you to shoot a six stage match with a 24 inch barrel using holy black. Just pick one and have fun, I guess one can call it an experiment for good measure though. I've even got one for a 32wcf that I run sixty plus rounds without cleaning.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com