Author Topic: Pedersoli Trapdoor carbine problem  (Read 1847 times)

Offline Doug.38PR

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Pedersoli Trapdoor carbine problem
« on: July 01, 2012, 12:52:31 AM »
Well I was shooting my Pedersoli carbine today with a friend and both of us noticed it, at only 85 feet, was shooting just to the lower right about 4 o clock from our point of aim. 
We looked at the back sights and they looked like they were at a SLIGHT SLIGHT angle to the right. (we could see a slight gap on the right side where it should have curved/wrapped around the barrel.  When I got home, I unscrewed both ends and tried to move it, but the screws really wouldn;'t go back in unless I put them in exactly how it was.  There was some slight wiggle room...but very little.  I don't know if that did he trick (it's dark now).

Is this a common issue?

Offline Judah

• Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Pedersoli Trapdoor carbine problem
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 10:39:13 AM »
I have similar problems- but mine was the front sight was tipped. I fixed it by filing that thick pyramid shape itnot a more vertical blade and then filed the rear sigt slider part to take up the rest of the windage issue. I had to fill in the new slider space with jbweld

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 01:09:20 PM »
Lookmfor 'witness' marks on your barrel and receiver.

On one of my H&R Trapdoors, they were not aligned and I had a 'smith give it a tweak to bring the sights top dead centre.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:52:27 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com