Author Topic: 2021 Grand Muster AAR  (Read 1500 times)

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
2021 Grand Muster AAR
« on: September 03, 2021, 02:27:57 PM »
7, July 1876 (+145)

To: The ladies and gentlemen of the GAF at large
Copies to: (Bvt.) Major General U. S. Scout (Ret.),
(Bvt.) Col. Drydock Chief of Staff,
(Bvt. ) Col. Silver Creek Slim Adjutant ,

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I have the honor to submit my report following the 2021 Grand Muster of the Grand Army of the Frontier

By Monday Morning I had completed the mowing and most of my other preparations I traveled to nearby Ord to retrieve the targets. By Afternoon most of the rest of the staff had arrived and we finished placing the targets. Tueesday was spent checking toilet paper, installing shade, placing benches and tables, ect. Thursday, The RO’s and other personnel responsible for running the match , shot the main match stages to ensure that everything was set up correctly and so that we could RO the stages once the main match commenced.

Our mess consisted of 34 shooting participants excluding camp followers. Participation was up  slightly from last year, however it was hampered considerably by transmition failures, a closed northern border and family moves as well as continues pandemic fears. I consider this level of participation a major victory!

Friday morning operations commenced with the Expansion Era Match and side matches.

The Main match used the same skirmish format as the Expansion Era Match did.

Saturday evening, we retired to Oscar’s Palladium for the banquet which was catered by the Comstock Lodge. The Palladium is a 1940’s Era dance hall that has been converted to serve as a private community hall. While there, door prizes were awarded. While the match was still being shot, I had totaled the scores so that the medals and certificates were awarded to the Ladies and the men following the banquet after a small computer failure.

Sunday morning, my staff and members of my Council of War met to evaluate the Muster and discuss possible improvements in equipment, logistics and execution.

Here I should thank a number of people: The Broken Bow Lions Club for sponsoring the insurance; my staff who arrived early and helped set up and shot the match on Thursday so that they could RO the match for participants.

Evaluation of the Muster is ongoing, but the consensus is that the format is optimal but improvements can and will yet be made.

I request that participants of this match place their report in this thread as well.

Scores will follow
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
Re: 2021 Grand Muster AAR
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 08:59:39 AM »
scores attached
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Offline Johnson Barr

• Berger Sharpshooters, KVC, Blue River Regulators #129, Johnson County Rangers, GAF
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS Life, NCOWS Merchant
    • J Barr Texas
  • NCOWS #: L-173
  • GAF #: 830
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 02:11:49 PM »
Jerry I see where the mistake in my Precision Pistol score came by being placed in the Smokeless category when in fact I shot nothing but black powder during the entire Muster. Damn the bad luck!
"Peace is that glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"  -Thomas Jefferson

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:09:35 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com