Author Topic: Mid West Regional  (Read 2427 times)

Offline Two Bit Charlie

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
Mid West Regional
« on: July 06, 2021, 10:25:34 AM »
I can't believe it's that time of the year again. Time to head the wagons North, to the "Guns In The Hills 2021" The Mid West Regional in beautiful Northern Wisconsin. I hope you all have your reservation in. The Wisconsin Old West Shootists put on a heck of a good shoot.
In Northern Wisconsin the ice is finally off of our lakes and it's so quite at night, you can hear the bears crying! (in Chicago)

Two-Bit Charlie

Offline Dan Topper

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Mid West Regional
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 04:22:20 PM »
Another shoot is in the books. A great big thanks to all who came out to shoot with us. It was wonderful to see everyone again. I had a grand time and I hope that the rest of you did. I look forward to seeing you all again next year.

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2022, 04:34:50 PM »
I am filling out my registration for the 2022 GITH and have a question.

The match fee and the banquet fee are two separate fees?

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:42:26 AM »

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2022, 02:40:19 PM »
RCJ, while most go to the banquet, a few of us that camp at the range have a steak supper
over the fire at the range. After 3 days, with no shower, ya know??. That's why the seperate fee
for each event. Perhaps Topper will explain it better.

BTB
Born 110 years too late

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2022, 07:01:56 PM »
Just to let the powers that be know, I tried to link onto the GITH 2022 website from the NCOWS web page and got a 404 Error.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2022, 06:46:55 AM »
RCJ
Let Patrick know and I am sure he will help.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2022, 01:33:23 PM »
RCJ, if you goggle Wisconsin old west shootists you will get to their
main website, then go to guns in the hills or forms page. Seems we had this
problem other years.

BTB  6 hours south
Born 110 years too late

Offline Dan Topper

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2022, 11:07:53 PM »
Not sure but the 404 error is confined to the GITH page. If you go to the "forms" page, that link is working just fine.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there this year. We may even have a new stage ready to go by the time you get here (I hope).

Offline Frisco Banker

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3122
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2022, 06:54:37 AM »
Fixed the link on the NCOWS website.

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2022, 01:31:03 PM »
I did not see a round count on the schedule of events. I'm going to guess a bushel and a peck?

Also, door prizes welcomed?

RCJ
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Virgil Lantey

• NCOWS Member
  • Very Active Citizen
  • 3-7-77
  • NCOWS #: 4017
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 72
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2022, 07:09:47 PM »
Shoot straight and true, gentlemen! Have fun!!!
"Around Dodge City and in the territories out west, there's only one way to handle the killers and the spoilers, and that's with a U.S. Marshall and the smell of...Gunsmoke!"

Offline Dan Topper

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2022, 05:17:58 PM »
River City John, not sure by what you mean "Door prizes welcomed." If you wish to donate, then sure. Otherwise they are not needed, we have several shooter gifts and raffle items. If you want to bring appropriate items to sell that is ok too.

Looking forward to everyone coming to the shoot. 

The round count is on our website but we are looking at 50/100 pistol (depends on category), 97 rifle, and 26+ shotgun. Shotgun targets are must knock down, so you may need some extras.

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2022, 08:56:42 AM »
Sorry to say I won't be able to make it. I tested positive for covid on Tuesday, after I had
half my stuff out and ready to go. I guess the only good thing is that it started here and
not up there. Wouldn't want to be contagious around you guys, plus it would be a looong
 6 hour drive home. Hope you all have a great time. Be safe and shoot straight.

BTB quarantined for 4 more days
Born 110 years too late

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2022, 09:03:09 AM »
Sorry to say I won't be able to make it. I tested positive for covid on Tuesday, after I had
half my stuff out and ready to go. I guess the only good thing is that it started here and
not up there. Wouldn't want to be contagious around you guys, plus it would be a looong
 6 hour drive home. Hope you all have a great time. Be safe and shoot straight.

BTB quarantined for 4 more days

Dang the Luck!!
Take care of yourself, Billy.
Rest, lots of liquids, etc.  From the sound of reports those vaccinated and boostered have been a fairly quick recovery.
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2022, 11:09:07 AM »
Thanks RCJ, I've been vaccinated and yesterday got some Paxlovid pills
which are supposed to help moderate the symptoms. I feel quite a bit
better today, but have to quarantine through Sunday.

BTB
Born 110 years too late

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2022, 06:23:42 AM »
Been there, Vax'ed early in 2021 and 3rd boosted last fall... was sick about 5 days in June, the meanest was day 3.
The worst part was the quarantine  ::)  I figure I have some immunity for a time again  :-\
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Dan Topper

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2022, 07:58:10 PM »
The shoot is over and I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. I am trying to attach the scores from the shoot. If it works out great. Otherwise they are on Facebook now and should be on the web site soon.

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2022, 02:27:14 PM »
     Well the guns are cleaned, the brass is in the tumbler and the 19th century duds are in the wash.

I wanted to post a note thanking the Wisconsin Old West Shootists for hosting the 2022 Guns In The Hills Midwest Regional this past weekend at Menominie, WI, and add some of my impressions from the event.

It is a beautiful range, very well laid out and obvious that a lot of hard work has been devoted to it by their membership. The ten stages are built with permanent stage front structures reminiscent of traditional Old West towns, all ranged around the perimeter of their site which is  nestled in a gently sloping valley that makes use of natural berms provided by the surrounding bluffs. Central to this were grouped general purpose utility buildings housing kitchen, picnic areas, attached veranda with plenty of seating for relaxing, and ample sanitation facilities, - which on the lower end of the range featured the world famous caboose outhouse accommodations for Gents and Ladies, with very spacious interiors designed for handicap access.
     Towards the mouth of the range entrance plenty of area for primitive camping or RV living.
     Driving in on the morning for the first days shooting there was a dense fog that made for some jaw-clenching adventure on the unfamiliar winding roads, but as the day progressed it burned off. The fog did provide a rather cool morning to begin the day before the emerging sun and humidity became too vexing, allowing us to finish up the six stages scheduled for Saturday in relative comfort.
     Sunday saw us wishing they’d turn up the air conditioning as we were a tad drippy right out of the chute. Fortunately only four stages so we were relaxing in the shade by mid-morning. 
     There were three Vendors that had come to set up their wares for inspection. Not a bad ratio for 22 shooters.
     Lunches were provided by Annie Sewansew with the assistance of other ladies from the club’s membership. Very tasty, plus there was a dessert bar of peanut butter crispies and chocolate frosting that I know many had to sample twice just to make sure . . .   
     Speaking of food, the catered banquet buffet that night was top notch, - multi-layer salad, mashed potatoes with braised beef tips in gravy, fried chicken and steamed fresh garden vegetables.
     Some of the little touches I appreciated, - each participant received a special ribboned badge with their alias engraved upon it, and I was gifted side shields for my shooting glasses which I lacked. Very considerate.
     And Yuma Kid and I had another opportunity to donate to the Charlie and Peavine Memorial Traveling Poker Game hosted by Longarm.   

If I had one regret, it was wishing the venue at the banquet allowed for a better showcasing of the live music performed by Dawn Spanton, an extremely talented virtuoso who demonstrated mastery of guitar, harmonica, Native flute and tribal drum to accompany her beautiful singing voice.

This NCOWS Regional was a resounding success in my book!

Again Thank You to WOWS.

RCJ
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Dan Topper

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2022, 08:53:20 PM »
River City John thanks for the kind words. I wish I could have turned on the AC to cut the humidity.

Dawn also thanks you for your thoughts on the music. She never knows how loud to be. She was trying for a little background music that wouldn't overpower everyone. She is glad that you enjoyed it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com