Author Topic: Visited C Sharps Today  (Read 2410 times)

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Visited C Sharps Today
« on: July 29, 2020, 09:44:52 PM »
I ordered a rifle from C Sharps in early March, with completion, hopefully, in time for Santa to drop it off.  I am presently on vacation in the Yellowstone area and decided to drive up to Big Timber to see the folks there and get acquainted.  I have to say they are really nice and very pleasant to deal with.  I asked if they had started work on my stock yet, as I had been giving some thought to upgrading my wood selection from the standard to something with more figure.  The nice lady in the front office pulled my order and said they hadn't yet started stock work, but were close, so I could still change my mind.  She got Don (who does the stock work) to come out and talk to me - heck of a nice guy.  We went in back and looked over the wood they had in stock and I chose a nice piece of extra fancy wood and decided to spend the money on a satin finish to go with it.  Then we spent about half an hour talking politics and the insanity of today's world.

If the rifle performs anywhere close to my expectations (and their reputation), I will be most happy to write the check to these great folks in Montana, and support a great American business.

All in all, a very pleasant experience and I really look forward to getting this new rifle.
SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes

Offline Ranch 13

• Top Active Citizen
    • Historic Shooting.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
Re: Visited C Sharps Today
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 08:13:40 AM »
 If they had the action and barrel mated and serial numbered, probably should of went ahead and did the 4473, that way when the stock work was finished they could of shipped it directly to your home addy.
Eat more beef the west wasn't won on a salad.

Offline treebeard

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 03:00:54 PM »
My family refuses to let me go north thru the northern entrance to Yellowstone for fear I will reduce them to abject poverty. Should never have told them about Big Timber !!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:04:06 AM »

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 07:32:41 PM »
Ranch, I didn't know you could do that.  Wish I had!

Treebeard - yep, I put myself further in the hole by about $550 by upgrading the wood and the satin finish.  I never thought I'd spend this much for a rifle, but can't wait to get my hands on it and make it breath fire! ;D
Learned Brother at Armes

Offline 1961MJS

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 797
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 04:01:18 PM »
Hi

I need to go there, but I doubt I'd upgrade stuff.  My favorite and best shooting irons are all U, G, L, Y UGLY.  If I was President, the Presidential model Browning Citori would be straight grain walnut and green phosphate metal work!!!!   ;D ;D

Later
Mike
BOSS #230

Brevet Lieutenant Colonel
Division of Oklahoma

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 93
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 10:27:14 AM »
I don't believe you will regret upgrading the wood. My personal opinion is that is the best thing you can do to make a rifle really stand out. But then I have always been infatuated by pretty wood. Guess it is the carpenter in me. I have been to both C. Sharps Armory and Shiloh since they are just across and down the street from one another. Both are great places to visit and both make quality firearms.
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2020, 05:00:44 PM »
Lou,

As it turns out, I told Don I wanted a piece of extra fancy wood.  We looked through their stock, which he said was very limited (another order was due in, he said) and I saw a really pretty piece of very dark black walnut.  He said he'd let me have it for the extra fancy price. 

When he turned it over so I could see, it was marked Triple Extra Fancy.

I'm truly salivating in anticipation...............
Learned Brother at Armes

Offline Desert Pete

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2020, 10:26:19 PM »
Lou,

As it turns out, I told Don I wanted a piece of extra fancy wood.  We looked through their stock, which he said was very limited (another order was due in, he said) and I saw a really pretty piece of very dark black walnut.  He said he'd let me have it for the extra fancy price. 

When he turned it over so I could see, it was marked Triple Extra Fancy.

I'm truly salivating in anticipation...............

and so are the rest of us!

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2020, 04:48:07 PM »
I cain't post no pitchers until I get the rifle! ::)

I'll certainly be wanting to show it off when I do.  Probably November or December.

Hope I don't run out of saliva before then!  :o
Learned Brother at Armes

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2020, 07:26:16 PM »
Yep that wait has got to hurt , cant wait to see is Amigo ! ,,,DT

Offline Cottonwood

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2021, 10:49:26 AM »
I was lucky when I received my C Sharps 3 yrs ago... a friend willed me his that he had purchased back in 11-30-01 and it was shipped 12-27-01  Bill had told me if anything ever happened to him, I would be getting his C Sharps.  I take care of it well, and it shoots awesome.... You won't have any regrets shooting yours when it arrives.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com