Author Topic: Have Money, Want Opinions  (Read 18824 times)

Offline Six Gun Saint

• Top Active Citizen
  • You can't have no idea how little I care...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Have Money, Want Opinions
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2013, 05:27:39 PM »
If you do decide to buy ivory grips make sure that they can show the certification that the ivory that they are making it from or the already made grips are legal.

Wish I had found this thread earlier.

If I were getting real ivory, I surely would!  Thank you for mentioning that-no desire to go to jail/get my stuff confiscated/whatever the punishment is...  and honestly, them selling anything other than pre-ban never crossed my mind!

Sadly, ain't no way in the Nine Circles I'll ever be able to drop the money required on a pre-ban set...

Still not sure what I'm doing with this, but I'll figure something out.
The above may or may not be influenced by medications and/or alcohol...  (i.e. don't blame me if it's bad spelling/incoherent)
--------

July 9, 2011-The Birth of Southern Sudan!

Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh, Wgah'nagl Fhtagn!

Do not believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you!-Courage Wolf

The gods only go with you, if you put yourself in their path. And that takes courage...-The Crystal Cave

Hiding won't help you, you see...  I control the bullets-I make them go where I want.

A gun's power isn't in it's muzzle velocity or caliber...-Revolver Ocelot

WE DON'T RENT PIGS!

Offline Old Top

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2013, 12:31:16 AM »
Six Gun,

Someone makes grips out of polomar and ivory dusts.  Contact Curly Cole he knows who does it.

Old Top
I only shoot to support my reloading habit.

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2013, 12:44:33 PM »
There is nothing quite like real ivory.  The grips are always warm to the touch and ivory actually has a grain to it that improves the grip.  I didn't really care for ivory until I handled a 1911 dressed in ivory.  Horn and some other natural materials have the same effect.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 01:30:25 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com