Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Cas City Historical Society

October 26th 1881

(1/6) > >>

Coal Creek Griff:
Did anyone else watch the movie "Tombstone" today?

CC Griff

Major 2:
no,  but I did a few days ago.... :)

Coal Creek Griff:
I had a day off, so I watched "Tombstone", a few key scenes from Costner's "Wyatt Earp" AND, the kind of overly dramatic, but fairly accurate 1970's documentary hosted by Lorne Greene.  It was a rainy day here, so it was kind of fun to make a day of it.

CC Griff

Advertising:

Major 2:
This from IMDB

" Kevin Costner was originally involved with Tombstone (1993), another film about Wyatt Earp, written by Kevin Jarre. However, Costner disagreed with Jarre over the focus of the film (he believed that the emphasis should have been on Wyatt Earp rather than the many characters in Jarre's script) and left the project, eventually teaming up with Lawrence Kasdan to produce his own Wyatt Earp project. Costner then used his then-considerable clout to convince most of the major studios to refuse to distribute the competing film, which affected casting on the rival project. As it turns out, the rival film was considerably more successful. "

Almost, would have been just the one version, I for one was glad for the two....Tombstone heads above Wyatt Earp though 

Professor Marvel:

--- Quote from: Major 2 on October 27, 2018, 06:09:44 AM ---This from IMDB

" Kevin Costner was originally involved with Tombstone (1993), another film about Wyatt Earp, written by Kevin Jarre. However, Costner disagreed with Jarre over the focus of the film (he believed that the emphasis should have been on Wyatt Earp rather than the many characters in Jarre's script) and left the project, eventually teaming up with Lawrence Kasdan to produce his own Wyatt Earp project. Costner then used his then-considerable clout to convince most of the major studios to refuse to distribute the competing film, which affected casting on the rival project. As it turns out, the rival film was considerably more successful. "

Almost, would have been just the one version, I for one was glad for the two....Tombstone heads above Wyatt Earp though 

--- End quote ---

Oh My Yes! Tombstone is much better, and isn't dragged out as long.

don't you just hate self-important louts that try to use their money and percieved "clout" to try to destroy the efforts of others?

I believe the Chinese have a special Hell for those folks (amongst the many thousands they have tabulated)

Diyu is a purgatory that serves to punish and renew spirits in preparation for reincarnation
The Jade Emperor put Yama in charge of overseeing the affairs of Diyu.
There are 12,800 hells located under the earth – eight dark hells, eight cold hells and 84,000 miscellaneous hells
located at the edge of the universe.

yhs
prof marbels

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version