Author Topic: CAS authors list  (Read 8652 times)

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
CAS authors list
« on: January 12, 2009, 12:16:19 PM »
I'm compiling a list of CAS authors who have been published in any fields: fiction, poetry, non-fiction, technical, music, history, comedy, photos, art, CDs, etc.

I have a pretty good start, but would like to hear from anyone who has written a book or made a CD who would like to be on this list. Even if you know of someone I'd like to hear about them.

I need their name, alias (if applicable), book titles (and ISBN if you know it), publisher, and contact info to get AUTOGRAPHED copies as well as any stores that may carry them.

I thought this would be quick and easy. HA! Help me out and I'll get it together as quickly as possible and make it available so everyone can find something to read because there dang sure ain't nothin'on TV.   

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
Re: CAS authors list
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 07:52:26 PM »
I wrote a letter to a magazine once about a small town coed who moved to the big city... but that's probably not what you were looking for, huh?
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 11:13:34 PM »
I'm wiping off the monitor now :o ;D
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:30:52 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 05:20:05 AM »
I got one of my Police "War Stories" published in "America's Dumbest Criminals" once. I got paid a whole 25 Dollars for it. I've got the check somewhere, I never cashed it.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 07:32:15 PM »
Wrote fer a now defunct motorsickle publication.  Got one issue left after ma deevorce cause a friend saved it fer me.
  Trin's got the right idea, thas where the money is.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 07:40:27 PM »
Money?  I'm in it for the glory and fame.   ;D

Actually, I write because I have a story I want to tell and I hope others will want to read it.  If you want to get rich, your odds are about the same (or a bit less) than hitting the big lottery...seriously. 

J. K. Rowling is a freak of nature. 

Louis L'Amour is the product of hundreds of stories over many, many years. 

Al Gore is the result of a pact with the devil.

Write because you can't not write.  If you want to write for the money get a job with Hallmark.

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 11:23:24 PM »
write what you know about...Mark Twain, died broke
Mathew 5.9

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 12:55:32 PM »
Wrote fer a now defunct motorsickle publication.  Got one issue left after ma deevorce cause a friend saved it fer me.
  Trin's got the right idea, thas where the money is.

I guess I shoulda put a smiley after that last sentance ;D  I share yer passion fer writing just for the sake of its self.  That Trinity just gets me laughin so hard sometimes...

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 03:15:17 PM »
I like to read a lot. I really never was interested in writing.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Willie Dixon

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SSS #245 STORM #362 SCORRS C&BWarthog
    • my Pinterest, specifically cowboy related board
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 03:28:58 PM »
I'm working on a comic for syndication, along with some other things here and there while going to school. 

The freak of nature is Stephanie Meyer... look how quickly her little vampire books blew up!  gotta admit though, fine reading.  I've always liked first person.
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 03:34:17 PM »
I like to read a lot. I really never was interested in writing.

It's a joy Pop.  You are creating lives, situations, romances even out of yer own mind.  Non-fiction is fun too, but not the same unless you have strong feelings on the subject matter.  That motorsickle magazine I wrote fer in the 90's was great cause no one got paid but the editor, an he didn't make spit.  All the contributors did it out of love.  You got an honest magazine from cover ta cover written by regular guys with day jobs.  We all got ta know each other an talk on the phone often or write letters.  It was kinda like bein here.  

Roland Deschain

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 03:36:46 PM »
That Trinity just gets me laughin so hard sometimes...

He ain't near as funny if you don't look at him.  :D

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 03:46:44 PM »
It's a joy Pop.  You are creating lives, situations, romances even out of yer own mind.  Non-fiction is fun too, but not the same unless you have strong feelings on the subject matter.  That motorsickle magazine I wrote fer in the 90's was great cause no one got paid but the editor, an he didn't make spit.  All the contributors did it out of love.  You got an honest magazine from cover ta cover written by regular guys with day jobs.  We all got ta know each other an talk on the phone often or write letters.  It was kinda like bein here.  

I really believe that almost everyone over 20 years old that hasn't lived in a closet all their life has at least one good story in him (or her).  It takes some work, but a really good story ("Like Legends", he said modestly.) will take on a life of its own and begin to write itself.  I just went along and recorded what my characters were doing.
Try a short story first and see where it goes.  Make a couple of character and put them in a situation and have then react just like you would.

It's fun and it could be very profitable.....buuuuut not likely.

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 03:53:13 PM »

well said Leo.  It is always fun to create new characters... but FR, it's not that simple for some.  It took me a long time to be able to create unique characters that had minds of their own.  Once I did though, I was hooked.  I also think it has a lot to do with the character development, the more developed they are, the more time that is spent in their "head" and then it's easy to see where they're going.

I was a contributor to a small time hot rod magazine in SoCal, I know exactly how you feel.  Now I'm hoping for some spots in the Chronicle once I get going.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 04:16:25 PM »
Thank ya.  Just writing stories fer Saddle Bag Tales is a pleasure.  Having my wife wife involved makes it even better.  We don't tell each other what our characters are going to do until it's posted, makes it fun.  Kinda like the kids with the guns, she's a better writer than me an I look forward to what she comes up with each time.

Roland Deschain

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 04:30:20 PM »
what's your story Leo?  I'd love to read it.
here's mine for those that haven't seen it.  Working on chapter one now, trying to get it to novel size this time, add more challenge to it.  I cheated by putting in the margins of one of my novels into my word processor under "custom margins" category.
Child board:
http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,23797.0.html
story:
http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,23892.0.html

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 06:23:50 PM »
I'll leave the writin' to you folks that hve the talent for writing. I'll stick to reading.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 07:35:19 PM »
what's your story Leo?  I'd love to read it.
here's mine for those that haven't seen it.  Working on chapter one now, trying to get it to novel size this time, add more challenge to it.  I cheated by putting in the margins of one of my novels into my word processor under "custom margins" category.
Child board:
http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,23797.0.html
story:
http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,23892.0.html

Back to Civilization.  May be over the top in some parts, but it's fun ta be a part of ;)

Roland Deschain

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 11:49:18 PM »
cool, thanks Leo.  I'll go check it out.  Is there a child board for your story too?  I like those for commenting.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 01:08:23 AM »
cool, thanks Leo.  I'll go check it out.  Is there a child board for your story too?  I like those for commenting.

Yep, Lil just added a bit ta the story this evenin while I was napping.

Roland Deschain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com