Author Topic: Picture pages?  (Read 1481 times)

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
Picture pages?
« on: July 09, 2019, 11:19:39 PM »
Hey St. George, I just noticed this Colt forum doesn't have a "Show Us Your Colt Picture Pages" like a lot of the other forums.  Or if it does, it isn't pinned to the top.  There are, of course, lots of Colt pics in this forum but they are all scattered.  If you start a pinned picture page, I will repost these pictures there.

These are 44 Specials, early 3rd Gen.  The 5 1/2" was my first single action, bought at a gunshow in Austin in '99 for $700.  It had bad timing issues, so I gave it to Bob Taylor of Traditional Effects for an action job.  I next got a stainless .45 Vaquero and shot the pair in CAS for a year.  Then,  the 4 3/4" I bought from Bob at the same gunshow exactly one year later, for $900.  No box, but it appeared unfired.  I only put a spring kit in that one, and it is just slightly less smooth than the one with the action job.  The s/n of the first one is 97xxxSA and the other is SA06XXX, so they were both made in '78 but the serial numbers straddle the SA change from suffix to prefix.  They were my main match guns for quite a while, but now they are about 2nd in line.  The 5 1/2 has 4635 rounds through it and the other has 2977 (more or less  :) ).  Lots of Elephant and Goex BP, but lately more smokeless.  They both came with the black Eagle grips, but have sported the Ajax pearlite for  most of the time I've had them.  You might notice the portion of the grips closest to the backstrap are kind of gray.  That is what the UV from the sun does to them.

Edit: Almost forgot, I shot these last weekend at the Plum Creek match and on the 3rd stage the ejector housing etc. shot downrange on the second shot.  Arrghh!   All parts were still together except the screw.  After the match L.W.Hannabas got out a magnet on a stick and I found the screw in the grass close to where the other parts were.  Yay!  Shame on me, though for not checking that screw during my standard pre-match screw-tightening session. 

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
Re: Picture pages?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 11:25:22 PM »
My nickel 3rd Gen .45s with carved ivory.

"time leaves tombstones or dry bones"  SASS #2903

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com