Author Topic: So, no badges for soldiers in CAS, huh?  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Captain Lee Bishop

• Rough Rider, 1st US Cav (USV)
  • Top Active Citizen
  • ..on your order, Colonel Roosevelt!
    • Thunderbolt Productions
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
So, no badges for soldiers in CAS, huh?
« on: June 12, 2007, 10:52:01 PM »
I saw this on ebay, and immediately thought it'd be a great item to reproduce for those of us with Span-Am impressions:

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
Re: So, no badges for soldiers in CAS, huh?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 11:29:44 PM »
Those Veteran's Badges and Ladders came about 'after' the associated conflict as Reunion souvenirs, and not as any item of uniform or decoration.

Spanish American War Veteran's memorabilia followed that of the Civil War Veterans - and rightly so, since they were supplied by the same vendors, and many of the units sent to Cuba and the Philippines bore designations of those outfits formed in the Civil War.

The only difference is the dates, in many cases - and all I've ever examined have been hand-stamped, as has this one.

Oddly enough - they're rarer than the Civil War ones - but don't command the high prices.

I've got a nice one from  Company B, 2d Virginia Infantry - plus those things from my GG Uncle - who was in G Troop - 1st Volunteer Cavalry...

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 06:59:22 AM »
I wear my SASS badge on the back of my belt on a holder so it does not intrude on the look of the uniform and still keeps me in good graces with folks at EOT and other large matches.  You were asking questions about leather.  I have a pretty decent configuration set up that would pass muster with Colonel Roosevelt himself.  I will have to post some pictures of it.
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:28:46 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com