Special Interests - Groups & Societies > USFA CSS

Educate me, Please! CZ & the future of the Colt SAA

<< < (2/6) > >>

Dave T:
More guesswork here. Since the Dan Wesson 1911s are considered a notch above Colt's offerings (at least by some) I wouldn't be surprised if any future "Colt" 1911s are a bit "Dan Wessonish". Since the new roll-out (much to my surprise) of Colt DA revolvers seems to be well received, I hope CZ will continue with the Cobra, King Cobra & Python. The recent announcement of the (drum roll please) Anaconda being back is a positive sign for the double actions, particularly since the Dan Wasson DA revolver was recently discontinued.

Now to the SAA. If CZ produced a single action revolver of the caliber quality seen with the Dan Wesson 1911s, and proudly plastered Colt's name on it, I think it could compete with the Standard and if priced right all the Italian imports. It could even have the much loved by SAA fans, 4-click hammer (no importation hoops to jump through). The question is, are there enough CAS types and Ol' West gun fans who would pay to get the Colt name on their revolvers to make that profitable. I don't have an answer to that any more than I actually know what CZ is going to do. (smiley face goes here)

Dave

Coffinmaker:

:)  Hi Dave T   ;)

You've made a couple of good points.  Couple I'd like to add too.  I don't necessarily understand the end of the Dan Wesson.  I screwed up some year ago and sold my DW V15.  Bad move.  Personal Opine:  Dan Wesson was one of the finest Double Action revolvers ever made.  I don't know if the new reproductions from Colt are or were actually profitable.

SAA:  A very good question.  Are there CAS and "Old West" gun fans to pay the premium for a Reproduction SAA with the Colt name.  CAS is shrinking.  That market is only about a third of what it once was.  Not exactly going gang busters.

Ol' Slab Sides:  Were I a business guru (knot hardly), I'd simply mark a certain number of the DW 1911s as "Colt" and only manufacture the better of the two.

BUTT:  Who Knows What Evil Lurks (Stolen famous radio show line).  We just get to hang out and see where the ball bounces.

Stay Safe Out There

Pettifogger:
I'm with Abilene.  Nobody knows and guessing, while fun in these covid times, is a waste of time.

Advertising:

LonesomePigeon:
It's hard to say how big the real demand  is for the SAA because Colt has not met demand in quite some time. If CZ can lower the price to about $1299 without reducing quality I think it could compete very well with Pietta and Uberti. 

Pettifogger:

--- Quote from: LonesomePigeon on April 05, 2021, 09:08:47 PM ---It's hard to say how big the real demand  is for the SAA because Colt has not met demand in quite some time. If CZ can lower the price to about $1299 without reducing quality I think it could compete very well with Pietta and Uberti.

--- End quote ---

What are you basing this theory on?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version