Author Topic: Does anyone know what happened to Trailrider Products (Littleton, Co)?  (Read 398 times)

Offline Mako

• Shooter of the "holy Black", Frontier Gunfighter #1, STORM, Henry 1860
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Cowboying since the Mid-20th Century
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
I have holsters made by Trailrider Products probably 20 years ago and I need two more of that sort of California style Slim Jim for my Uberti 1860 Type II conversions.  Those Uberti conversions will stretch out my holsters I use for my Percussion pistols because Uberti in their goofiness decided to make the pistol larger in the cylinder than the original 1860 to allow .45 Colt to be chambered, mine are .44 Specials.  Anyway, I can holster my 1860s, 1861s, 1851s, my Leech& Rigdons, my 71/72 open tops and even an Armi San Marco Richards Type I conversion in the Trailrider holsters, but if I shove the Uberti Conversion in it will ruin them for all of the others. 

I have a VERY cheap pair of Slim Jims I got somewhere I use now for the Uberti conversions, but they are ugly and have the uncovered trigger guard (typical Slim Jims) which is why I love the Trailrider Holsters with the covered guards.  They were actually a design that had a flap and I had him remove it and give me a rolled top edge to hold up from reholstering.  They have held up pretty well for twenty years.

The sad thing about the Uberti Richards is that it could have been made to the correct size, there is an Armi San Marco Type I conversion in the picture below with the other revolvers that fit, and it fits fine.

Does anyone know what happened to them?  Did anyone buy out their business or their catalog designs?  They used to have a nice colored brochure and net presence.  That holster was actually shown as a half flap and I had them modify the design.

If I can't find them, I need to find someone to make me two more holsters.  Look at the pictures below.  I want the two tone roll and the color to be relatively the same.

Thanks,
Mako
A brace of 1860s, a Yellowboy Saddle Rifle and a '78 Pattern Colt Scattergun
MCA, MCIA, MOAA, MCL, SMAS, ASME, SAME, BMES

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1214
Not only is Trailrider still in business, he just posted in several of the forums a week ago.

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Still alive an' kickin' (though most of my doctors have retired or are going to soon!).  Advertising is just too expensive these days. Have to get some measurements from the larger guns. Used to have a website on the Gunfighter Zone, but that site was sold to  another outfit, and they summarily dropped my images without any notification. Have had a lot of other personal business to attend to, so haven't done anything about finding another website. But, so far, I'm still doing some business, chiefly from previous customers. Let me know what you need. I'll do my best to make the rigs. Prices may have to go up, as leather prices have.
Your obedient servant,
Trailrider
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Advertising

Offline Mako

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Well I am glad!

Do you remember those holsters?  I really just need two more to fit 1860s.  You probably don't have any of those Uberti Conversions around, but if you did that is what will go in them.  I figured I could stuff them in one cut for a regular '60 and they would stretch out (I almost did it trying them years ago).

I will send you measurements, it's primarily the cylinder diameters, I think you could build up your "model" and then it would mold around it.  I'll get them to you when I get back to the ranch in a couple of days.

That pattern started out as a half flap I think, I think you said something about as being a holster from a prison guard or something.  I love the rolled top (and a lot of people see that and admire it), now I can tell them where to get one.

I'm not sure what you call the color.   The holsters have held up well the belt is softening a bit.  You did a great job for me.

PM me and let me know what you would charge me for two more (just the holsters left and right).

Man am I glad you are still kicking!  Too many of my friends are gone now.

~Mako

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Ah, nothing better than new leather, Mako. Trailrider makes some first class holsters. If you can, post a photo or two after you get them.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Mako

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Ah, nothing better than new leather, Mako. Trailrider makes some first class holsters. If you can, post a photo or two after you get them.

Those I posted are his, he made those for me a long time ago. EXCELLENT work, I get a lot of compliments.  The new ones will probably loot very similar, just with a few extra areas poking out where the ejector housing rides.  The left holster won't even show that while being worn.

I had looked him up over a year ago and couldn't locate him again anywhere on the interweb.

Thank you, Will

~Mako

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125

MAKO and TRAILRIDER

Those are some rather FINE looking holsters.  I will concur with the esteemed MAKO, the primary difference dimensionally will be the Cylinders, although there must also be some careful consideration of the Ejector Assembly on either an Open Top or and 1960 Richards/Mason Conversion piece.

MUCHO fine leather work there Trailrider.  Strictly Yum Yum you betcha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com