Author Topic: Anybody shoot Bisley's?  (Read 362 times)

Offline Cheyenne Logan

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 5269
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
Anybody shoot Bisley's?
« on: February 13, 2024, 11:19:09 AM »
Anybody shoot Bisley's?? Turned two of mine into "Notta-Bisley" to play around with....

Offline Crossdrawnj

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: Anybody shoot Bisley's?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 09:31:36 AM »
I have always wanted one of these.  Are yours Colts or reproductions? How do they shoot compared to the SAA models?  I like the used but not abused finish on them.

Offline Cheyenne Logan

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 02:46:56 PM »
They are a pair of my Uberti SAA's, I changed out the grip frames and hammer/triggers for the Bisley style to play with this configuration to see if I liked it or not......much easier on the wallet than a new pair of shooters! ;)

I call them "Notta-Bisley" due to using the standard SAA frame......a local shop had a well used Colt in this configuration that I thought was neat.....Stembridge was famous for doing the opposite, using a Bisley frame with standard SAA grip frames.....in fact, the one used by none other than John Wayne in True Grit, was a Bisley main frame with SAA grip frame and parts, with the trigger guard being enlarged......I like the way they point and feel, and they are very accurate.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:27:00 PM »

Offline Navy Six

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 26385
  • NCOWS #: 1410
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 04:36:31 PM »
I have a pair of Uberti's in 44-40, both with 4 3/4" barrels. They shoot well enough but since I don't use them on a more regular basis, I have yet to discover the best grip placement. Sometimes I'm high on the backstrap and other times right at the bottom.
Only Blackpowder Is Interesting 
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun." Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Offline Cheyenne Logan

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2024, 05:17:59 PM »
They are going to take some work and getting used to........getting the grip right is the biggest hurdle I think...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com